Swingarm options

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

graemer1

Reaction score
Hi all
I have a 2011 bike with the polished swingarm sadly its starting to go a bit patchy in places and looking a bit naff. Was going to paint it black but then wondered if anyone has tried vapor blasting or media blasting to give it a nice aluminium look?

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

That is my other option as I've got carbon frame covers just always liked the silver look of the swingarm

I think there's a coating on the silver swing arm, might make cleaning up a bit trickier...

Yes I was thinking that so I don't think vapor blasting would be strong enough unless I maybe got it dipped first just ideas at the minute will be a winter project

vapour blastingwill clean it up no probs,but it'll need laquering again

where are you,theres a good lad near me that vapiur blasts. have a look at rea racing (vapour blasting)-whalley.

Cheers for the reply I'm in nottingham but no someone who does alot of motorcycle vapour blasting. Just wasn't too sure of it would be aggressive enough. Seen a couple of new r1's and zx10's that have had it done looks quite trick.
I'll give it a coat of metal satin laquer I think

Back