Gen for car bypass

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Think their OK mate, I considered buying a set but couldn't find any feedback on Ebay or their own website which had zero reviews.

I emailed them asking about fitment quality and the like and their comms were excellent, checkout BW Youtube vids for comments, they seem pretty positive across the board.

I opted for full Ti in the end up..

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Can't comment on their quality but I noticed their header doesn't use a crossover pipe on their headers. Where the OEM, Spark.It, Akrapovic and Arrow headers all use a crossover pipe. This helps to send the pressure waves in the right direction at the right time. (If you are geeky, google crossover pipes) In the most basic of terms it helps give better top end power and a broader to torque range lower down the RPM.

Why Blackwidow do not use one? Probably cost. I'd save your money and go for tried and tested systems.

Bit late to this I fitted some last year because there was no Akra or Arrow available. They fit fine sound good and get rid of the horrendous cats. They will do until Arrow or Akra become readily available again. I used the std can and its plenty load enough and it goes well enough.

I''m just curious about availability now, when I chased down either an Akro or Arrow September last year I hit dead ends at every turn, most resellers were advising stock to start flowing Oct/Nov '21...

Reading the above probably not, has anyone tried to secure one ?

Last edited:
Hi, I couldn't track any down towards the end of last year. It seems that the Akra stuff that was in the USA isn't allowed to be shipped out of the country, so I needed a US address to ship to, the send to the UK. The Italian shops said they had them but didn't. I have a friend in the BSB paddock and he told me that there were none available and if I had ordered then, it would be in the second batch of orders possibly arriving Jan /Feb this year.
The Arrow stuff was hard to find and mainly in Italy but not all wanted to ship to the UK.
In the end I got the BW ones seem OK no balance pipes but I can't notice the lack of power, its a road bike and I really wanted to get rid of the Cat and make a bit more noise, they do that well.

So nothing much has changed then with regard to availability, what the hell is going on in the world !

Everything is just in time and Covid and the Suez Canal screw up meant ships and containers are in the wrong place in the world and the just in time ethos has proven to be stupid. I/e no one keeps stock of anything. Computer chips, metals, carbon weave cloth etc are on the wrong side of the world. It's not Brexit before anyone suggests that. ITV did a tonight programme on it. J

Latest posts

Back