Who's tracking you when you ride your bike

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mellorp23

Reaction score
With all the techno gizmo's onboard these days, it was only a matter of time before a bit of software tells your bike to slow down. With GPS, mobile phone location tracking, Sat nav and what ever, Big Brother knows where you are and how fast you have travelled. The Strava app has always told you if it thinks you go too fast for a bicycle. It's not a massive leap of technology to feed that info to the powers that be.

https://www.visordown.com/news/industry/vehicles-sold-eu-uk-2022-be-fitted-automatic-speed-limiters

Ffs...Just what any of us need when we have a clear bit of road and want to open the bike up... another distraction !

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Aren't cars getting fitted with speed limiters from next year. Won't be long till they're on bikes as well.
Im glad im not for this world much longer the way things are going. We've had the best of it.

Aren't cars getting fitted with speed limiters from next year. Won't be long till they're on bikes as well.
Im glad im not for this world much longer the way things are going. We've had the best of it.

That is what the article is about.

If it's anything like the dumbass system I had fitted to a hire car in Italy the other day. It will, for now, just flash a warning sign that you're exceeding the speed limit...all the time....because it's got no f'cking clue what the limit is. I was driving on a 90kmh (signed) road and it was screaming at me to do 30). Ace.

Welcome to the future of population control - you are all trapped in someone else's game.

A film I saw on it said it would be active though you will be able to turn it off for now. But you will have to turn it off every time you start up.

A film I saw on it said it would be active though you will be able to turn it off for now. But you will have to turn it off every time you start up.

Yeah, I see that, such a brilliant use of technology I can now go to sleep with a brick tied to the accelerator...

That is what the article is about.

If it's anything like the dumbass system I had fitted to a hire car in Italy the other day. It will, for now, just flash a warning sign that you're exceeding the speed limit...all the time....because it's got no f'cking clue what the limit is. I was driving on a 90kmh (signed) road and it was screaming at me to do 30). Ace.

Welcome to the future of population control - you are all trapped in someone else's game.
It's only fitted on Fiats to be fair.

There is no legal rule to fit it in Italy.

It might not be retrofitted to older cars, but you can imagine the way electric cars and anything with an inbuilt factory fitted sat nav can easily be tracked. Same as you receive traffic jam alerts it can easily be tweaked to speed restrict you if the software thinks you need to slow down.

I mean really if you can't control the speed they should go with full automation...and take away the controls completely. It's actually worse to be in a halfway house imo.

Driverless cars wont break the speed limit

yes...my point is that drivers with speed limited cars are likely to be more inattentive and more frustrated 'at the wheel'. These are the real causes of accidents. So it would be better and less stressful for all to go fully automated.

Mandatory speed limiters and data loggers will kill the automotive industry. Simple as that.

No one buys a sports bike, Lambo, Porsche, M4, S3 etc to do the speed limit. Remapping Companies will find a way to deactivate or remove these devices or people just won't buy new vehicles.

I think I'll be keeping the cars and bikes o have in my garage now, for the foreseeable future.

Just bought a v8 turbo Merc, main reason being, it is likely going to be one of the last big combustion engines in main stream production. When I'm due to change car again in a couple of years, I doubt there will be an option for a more modern big engine.

Stick to your ancient analogue bike, but E10 is making that more difficult. Come next year you won't need active suspension, ABS, traction control etc. as Big brother will turn on all the restrictions and you wont be able to go fast enough that it makes any difference. Average speed check UK, not just that annoying bit of the motorway. You might be able to turn it off visually but in the background it will still be recording what you do. Take it to the next level, trespass or green lane riding, just shut the bike down, stolen vehicles, just shut them down :-(

Buy your old GP rep 2 stroke now to futureproof your motorcycling experience :)

Slightly off topic but E10 petrol is the start of the government forcing people to scrap their current cars and buy newer ones.

Everyone now has to buy V power or posh petrols regardless of their vehicles because ethanol reacts with copper, ergo the precious metals in your cat. Then there's obviously the end of any vehicle with carbs because the floats are copper......

Decent, non-alarmist, E10 info with basic checker. https://heycar.co.uk/guides/e-10-fuel
Gov E10 https://check-vehicle-compatibility-e10-petrol.service.gov.uk/manufacturer/

I tend to run 3:1 UL:SUL in my petrol car and will continue to do so.
The RR only gets SUL.

'Cycling' SUL / UL like that in your car is a waste of time buddy. Pretty much as soon as fill up with UL all the benefits of SUL are gone. You'd be better saving money and getting UL or using SUL all the time if you're trying to maximise the life of your engine.

As long as it hits 70mph you can run it on chip fat. They aren't going to let you go any faster on the public highway.

Back