Running wide

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bananaman

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Had suspension 'set up' at Donny with electric gizmos etc. Still find I'm sometimes running wide, anyone dropped the front on the forks ?
Gen4m

Last edited:
Was just watching a Dave Moss on Fork height.

Screenshot 2021-08-31 at 11.49.37.jpg

Is the rear ride height adjustable? Might give the same benefit without losing banking angle?

Looks like 3rd on that diagram, rear is adjustable through swingarm pivot, I don't think it will be a problem with MY banking angle

Of course it may well be I'm not pushing hard enough

Last edited:
Above the yoke ?

That's where they're at, 2rings....
Sounds about right.

To be fair, that's setup for manual suspension with different rear shock spring. I don't have much experience with electronic OE setup.

I had a similar issue with mine. It is pretty much sorted after the rear was raised slightly and thus shifting more weight to the front. HM wound off some of the rear preload. And the settings for the damping are Front 7, Rear comp 6 and rebound 6. However they said it's still a tad over sprung on the front, HM said they can mod the spring side preload cap to allow more preload to be taken off without having to change the spring.

When you say running wide, is that
going in on the brakes on a closed throttle and it wont turn
as you release the brakes and it stands up
as you go from closed throttle to initially apply power
as you get on the power properly accelerating out and it wont keep it's line ?

What traction control, ABS settings are you using ? Is this in slow or quick corners or all the time ?

Back