Side Stand Recall?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MCN landed on the mat this morning and there was a piece on the long term S1000RR test bike having to go back. The only fault they've had was this side stand bolt issue. Apparently, bit of Loctite (I would guess 2701) and problem solved.

Bit of digging, and it looks like the recall is nothing more than a cleanup of the threads, new bolts and Loctite. Sounds like a DIY job would be in order just to be safe.

I have a S1k new March '12. The side stand rattled loose numerous times - reported it on here last year.
I had it replaced twice due to it falling off and the sensor cable being damaged. Took to tightening the thing myself once a week until I had my engine recall then had the garage fit another new one and locktite it on... not been a problem since.

OFFICIAL RECALL : Hi all, so I had a call from the official BMW dealer (Vines of Guildford) I bought my bike, making me aware of the oficial recall regarding the lose side stand issue we know all about. I had it fixed -free of cost- under warranty last autumn (by Cannons, Braintree) and now BMW has asked me to bring my '12 model back to the dealership to have some parts replaced in order to avoid future issues.
And before anyone asks: I still think this bike is fantastic and cant wait for the weather to turn better!!!

My dealer rang me last Friday about the recall.They replace the bolts with a different threadlock.
I believe it's only 2012 bikes.If in doubt-check it's not falling off!

I'll probably just get the bolts next time I'm near there.

Latest posts

Back