Oled v Qled v Nano Cell

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OLED is the best technology and LG is the best product out there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qtve0u3GJ9Y

https://www.youtube.com/c/hdtvtest/videos

LG C1 is one of the best panels right now

+1 on all of this!
I think you?re much better off going for a larger screen size 4K OLED, than 8K in a smaller screen size.

I?ve got an LG CX, based off Vincent at HDTVtest?s videos.
Superb quality, though as Alex says the OS is a bit hit n miss at times.

I second this.
Partly as I have a LG CX that is the same panel as the current C1 (last years model - now a steal if anyone is looking!)

p.s. the OS is crap. I am aware this years C1 is better for the software - however I've got the current Apple TV box so I'm now covered.

well, just bought a new tv due to this topic (c1 lg) :)

I've not pulled the pin on one yet, but it's looking like a 65" for me 77" is just too large for my lounge..

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

my room is small so the 48" (it's the mallest oled size you can get). just worked out i've had my old samsung LED tv for 11 years,taking it to the garage with me ;)

wont be here till wednesday,i'm going to try to run both tv's side by side to see what (if...) the difference is,i'll be upset if my 11yr old tv is still better :)

wont be here till wednesday,i'm going to try to run both tv's side by side to see what (if...) the difference is,i'll be upset if my 11yr old tv is still better :)
It's bound to be miles better and pin sharp with those whites and blacks crisp as you like.. where did your money go Scooby was it one of the bigger retailers, I might give Richer a shout, their prices are in line and their 6 year warranty really works..my panel was changed on my Samsung 55 roughly 2 years in...no quibble...[emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Last edited:
they are all quite similar price (?1099) except john lewis+curries which was ?999 with a promotion code to get another ?100 off with JL,unfortunatley it didn't work,asked online and said the site was having issues.had to go pick up for curries as no delivery and couldn't be arsed doing that as is 30miles away nearest in stock.

looked on ebay,found 1 from hughes for ?999,and got another 15% off with offer code,so 939? delivered in the end.

tbh,they mostly quite similar in price at this price bracket,maybe more wiggle room with a bigger,more expensive 1.

Jesus, thread revival from 2021. I thought this chat was last year !

Anyhow, I finally splashed out on a new TV today..

Nipped in to Richer, Glasgow just for a chat and ended up placing an order for a 65" LG OLED Gen 3. You know how it goes !...

Tempted with a 77" but wasn't prepared to pay the ridiculous premium, plus it's disproportionate to my wall/lounge, the 65" suits better.

It comes with an inclusive sound bar and Sub, there was an identical setup in store, and it sounded amazing. According to the sales guy, the value of the sound system is ?1000.00.

I'll be selling this on if anyone is interested. I've a good surround sound set up as it is.. yet to establish a price ( I hope Mods are OK with the no price bit), but I won't be hard to deal with..

Anyone interested, let me know.. pic attached..

Cheers.
27af50dc3f1e188aa86a7b5a23768ea2.jpg

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

I have that soundbar/sub with a 65" G1 screen. Its perfect for my needs and I love how flat it is.

Sent from my SM-S9060 using Tapatalk

I have that soundbar/sub with a 65" G1 screen. Its perfect for my needs and I love how flat it is.

Sent from my SM-S9060 using Tapatalk
It's a great design, super slim.. you don't want a new sound bar do you lol

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

Back