Shoei perfect fit service?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Certi

Reaction score
I've recently treated myself to a new Shoei X-Spirit 3, but I'm having some issues with pressure on my forehead after an hour of riding, giving me a sore head. So I'm looking to take advantage of Shoei's 'perfect fit' service where they take different measurements of your head and fit different size pads to custom fit it for your head. Does anyone know what dealers in Scotland do this?

Disappointed I've got to do this as I've worn Shoeis for 10 years now and they've always fit perfect right out of the box, but I love the helmet, so if this is what it takes to make it comfortable then so be it.

I have this with an x-spirit 3 as well. Had three shoei?s before this and all exact same size (M), only this one is tight on the forehead, kinda annoying!
I have found putting the helmet on differently to rotate it back somewhat so the viewport is higher up (?race view?) helps a lot, which feels kinda odd but being first full race spec helmet makes sense?

Shoei

You will need to use a Shoei Assured Service Centre. You can find one by using the dealer locator on the Feridax (UK Shoei Importer) website.

www.feridax.com

Well I went to one of the Shoei assured service centres near me today and they couldn't have been less helpful. I think because I didn't but the helmet from them they had no interest in helping me. Disappointing.

I've bought a thinner forehead pad (5mm down from 9mm) to see if that helps. The good thing about the X Spirit 3 is the fact the interior lining is all customizable.

Shoei

I used the service at the same time as buying my X-Spirit III and they couldn?t have been more helpful. They changed the pad thickness in a couple of places for me at no extra cost. It?s worth noting that if you have an ACU race licence you can also take advantage of the Feridax/Shoei discount scheme.

Well I went to one of the Shoei assured service centres near me today and they couldn't have been less helpful. I think because I didn't but the helmet from them they had no interest in helping me. Disappointing.

I've bought a thinner forehead pad (5mm down from 9mm) to see if that helps. The good thing about the X Spirit 3 is the fact the interior lining is all customizable.

Sorry to hear you didn?t have a great experience.
To my understanding Shoei only offer the complimentary pad exchange at the time of purchase though.
Hope the helmet feels comfier from now on [emoji1695]

Yeah I wasn't looking to get the pads changed for free, I was intending to buy them from the store, but they didn't seem to want my business, so I spent my money elsewhere.

I would have preferred to buy my helmet from a store rather than online, but I couldn't find any stores near me that had the design I wanted (Marquez Americas TC-2) in stock.

Back