Newbie saying hello

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sailor Jay

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm Jay and I'm a submariner for my sins. I currently have a K67 M-Sport which I bought in October 2020.
After a few problems with it...Typical Gen 4... its now behaving it's self.
I live in Truro in Cornwall, but work in Fareham. I take the bike with me in the van so I can play in the evenings :)

So please be gentle with me and say hello

Jay

Hi and welcome ! What problems did you have? It's good to be aware ....

Well first off my Left fork was knocking, they couldn't find the issue, so they replaced both forks. That was only after a few weeks of owning the bike.
Next was the cylinder head recall, as the surface wasn't correct... so they replaced the cylinder head and valves.
Then a coil went, so they replaced that and al was good
Got the bike home an oil was coming out of the black cover on the RHS of the engine, so they had the bike back and said that the O-ring was pinched?? o that was replaced.
Then after a few months, the coils went again..... FFS!!
They tested all four coils and the one which was 100% was the one they replaced a few months back. So 4 new coils later all is well with the bike.....

Well that what 3 years warranty is for I guess?

Welcome, in some form of 'good news' most of the issues you've had a known, which does make getting them resolved easier.
I don't know who moved into the QA team in BMW but they seriously specced certain parts. These are more than teething issues IMO, just flat out penny pinching.

Once the issues are resolved it is at least a fantastic beast and is quickly forgiven

Welcome to the forum Jay!

Sorry to hear of all the issues, though am glad to hear your RR has been trouble free for a while now. Hopefully it?s smooth sailing from now on [emoji1695]

What is your previous biking history?

Enjoy the forum, there is a wonderful community on here and loads of information [emoji41]

Welcome to the forum, there's a lively meet up at Loomies Moto Cafe just north of Fareham next to the junction of the A32/A272 Wednesday nights until 9 pm. I was there briefly last night on my Gen 3.

Back