Bike prices

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alex

Forum Moderator
Admin
Reaction score
When did they shoot up?
a411a3061efba08ed02cf3e4a092f485.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I placed an order for a 2022 M sport a week or so ago. I remember when litre sports bikes were around ?10k mark !

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk
Same here and further back, I bought two brand new slabbie 1100s circa 1988 and 1990 they were ?6k odd. the last one was stolen from the dealers forecourt when it was in for it's first service...

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

7.9% is good for BMW! I find with bikes that they'll move on bike price before they'll change the APR. When I bought my car they wanted 9.9%, so I just got a loan elsewhere at 3 or 4%. Sales guy was clearly pissed off when I told him, said it was just a negotiation point...

7.9% is good for BMW! I find with bikes that they'll move on bike price before they'll change the APR. When I bought my car they wanted 9.9%, so I just got a loan elsewhere at 3 or 4%. Sales guy was clearly pissed off when I told him, said it was just a negotiation point...

I hate haggling, it's not a game, I'm not interested, just give me a good rate that stops me looking elsewhere...otherwise I will just go elsewhere the end.
Cannot see me ever using their finance again.

I completely agree, but especially with cars I think they do/have to see it as a game.

I've always thought the APRs they offer conflict with their branding - of course they are not quite pay day rates but out of sync with the market for the customers they reach out to/want us to think we are. I did use their scheme for my last bike, hence the comments above. I am happy with the overall deal.. but every time I look at Credit Karma it warns me I got burned on the APR... which shows how little they know.

?3699.31 Interest Charges!! Really.. Do customers actually sign up for this type of deal?

A fool and his money are easily parted!

My Sep 20 M Sport with extra's was less than the Hockenheim Silver RR at the top :O

Hi guys, the APR cannot be used as a negotiation tool anymore as the FCA put a stop to this. There is or should be one company rate. It?s called ?treating customers fairly? new and used can differ but that?s it.
You can no longer give one customer 6.9 and another 11.9. That?s why you?ll find most of the rates have gone up a little.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It pays to shop around if you're borrowing money for cars / bikes. My last bike was a 2019 fireblade which was bought on 0% pcp for ?91 PCM. My current 21 s1000rr is a base model with both the seat pod and the pillion pack with the DDC added. That bike was ?15k cash sale including the first service, the dealer collecting the bike and returning it to my home address for no extra charge.

Good deals are everywhere if you can be bothered looking for them. Sod paying ?4k in interest! That's insane

When I got mine, in 2016, the Apr from BMW was cheaper than the bank, I think it was either 2.9 or 3.9%.

I've just bought a couple of year old car a few weeks ago, and the rates from car dealers is frightening! I can't understand why anyone would pay the dealer rates at the moment. All the dealer's seem very pissed off when you tell them straight that there rates are awful!

I've even noticed some dealers are charging an extra ?150 admin fee, if you don't take there finance, which surely can't be legal!

Back