Scott Redding joins Bmw Motorrad wsbk for 2022 season

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Happy to see him on the MRR.
But not sure BMW will provide him the machine to match his talents

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Why do you think that Alex?
Historic reasons + BMW are using their own electronic solutions not the Magnetti Marelli systems the others use. This puts them at a data disadvantage. Also they are the sole users of Nissin brakes which again puts them on a technological backfoot.

Doing things 'your way' is great when it works but a mountain to climb when it doesn't.

I'll be super happy to see Scotty on the top step with the MRR. I just worry.

I also feel this moves closes out any MotoGP aspirations SR45 had.

I also think Ducati have f'ed up by not keeping him. Rinaldi made no progress this year and if Alvaro Bautista IS Redding's replacement as is the current whisperings...then he's already demonstrated the mental fortitude of a chocolate fireguard in the heat of battle. So I don't see the team improving just because they go for small riders. Rinaldi and Alvaro are at least similar sized to make development easier.

Good riders have tried and failed on the RR, maybe Scotty will be willing to crash more for success.

Let's not forget that Tom Sykes isn't exactly slow. Former world champ and narrowly missed out on two further occasions (thanks in part to outside influences). I think both current riders are getting the best out of the bike in WSBK and maybe BMW should listen to Alex and take a look at what is working elsewhere. Even Honda have done that in the past switching from Showa to Ohlins

He is about get married, he needs $$$, bet BMW pays top $$$ to have him. Excellent move for Redding

like whats already been said, both Sykes and VDM aren't slow, not sure its the best move for him, however ???'s do the talking and, why not get what you can when you a young un.

not sure how a world champion, or former world champion is slow? hes quick enough over 1 lap just not a race, and also ahead of VDM so not sure again how Sykes can be slow and VDM not?:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Listening to a lot of common sense from James Toseland this morning, he feels Redding is unwise to move to BMW and should have stuck with Ducati. Perhaps Bautista may go back there?

Toesland is talking like it was an option [emoji2359]

Sykes is getting on, end of career. Not what BMW now need.

Redding is being paid a lot. He was out of contract and Ducati didn't resign him. Bautista is going to walk away from the fat stacks of cash HRC were paying him to rejoin Ducati, so the Gigi gets his two lightweight jockey riders.

Haslam could well retire so Sykes to HRC could happen as they would have 2 spare places. You might even seen a Moto2 brit on the other HRC...

Last edited:
Nice win by Redding today, whatever goes on in Ducati's camp, it's lot of politics for sure

Back