front brake pads?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have to say I was mighty impressed with the standard pads.
I needed some at Snetterton last month, normally use SBS dc. I bought some PCR or something like that from Rod Harwin racing but they didn't quite fit which confused him greatly.
Anyway i got my money back and stuck the OEM ones I had to hand.
I was so impressed I prefered them to the SBS and seriously thinking of running with them. Don't know how much standard pads are or how long they'd last.

So OEM are perfectly good for on the road.

I needed some at Snetterton last month, normally use SBS dc. I bought some PCR or something like that from Rod Harwin racing but they didn't quite fit which confused him greatly.
I was so impressed I prefered them to the SBS and seriously thinking of running with them. Don't know how much standard pads are or how long they'd last.

The OEM?s are excellent IMO, but better than the std discs. I?ve utterly ruined a pair of discs with them braking at the end of the straight at Snetterton. Too fast, braking too late, far too much energy dissipated and lots of debris left on the warped discs. Riding style poor, pads saved me, but the discs are the weak link if you?re trying not the pads.

DC pads are quite average, you should really try DS-2

Ran the DS-1 and DS-2 combo (1 type per caliper) at Mugello. I had no brake issues and little dust compared to Z04.

However, I am not fast enough for ?400 pads!

Tempted to try the SBS RST's next time.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I use the road compound sbs pads, no problem for me on track days, last about 10000 miles and cost around ?60 for all 8 i seem to remember

Ran the DS-1 and DS-2 combo (1 type per caliper) at Mugello. I had no brake issues and little dust compared to Z04.

However, I am not fast enough for ?400 pads!

Tempted to try the SBS RST's next time.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I've been using the RST for awhile now. Excellent pad in terms of performance and price. I've yet to experience any fade compared to the RS, OEM and Brembo SC. They've got about 5 days on them and still plenty of life. The RS i got 3 days out of them before they had to be binned.

Back