My third child - the K67 S1000RR

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 2379

Reaction score
Hello all, finally managed to get my bum into gear and get some photos up of my bike. It's a '21 hockenheim silver s1000rr. Bought it preloved so it came with the Akro slip on and evotech tail tidy already fitted, which was nice as I was planning on doing these anyway.

s1000rr-side-in-field.jpg

s1000rr-left-side-in-field2.jpg

I wasn't 100% sold on the silver but it's grown on me now. There are some carbon trinkets dotted around so that helps break up the sea of plastic trim

I did test ride the Panigale V2 before i bought the BMW but the additional power and extra tech swung the decision in the end. Also I found the exhaust heat was a little too spicy for a bike that would spend the majority of its life on the street.

panigale-v2-white-1.jpg

Still getting used to the new bike. Things that slightly bug me include indicators that make me need thumbs on my thumbs to reach them, having to use a tool rather than a key to open the seat to get the battery to charge it, and the huge cat. converter. Things i love about it are the friendly ergonomics, the totally amazing tech and the screaming exhaust note when up the revs.

Not really much planned for the S1000RR apart from rad guards, paddock stand and a belly pan to hide the cat. Oh and brake guards and slide protection. Ah yes and a few track days with some rider training...it doesn't really end, does it!

Great pics and thanks for sharing. Maybe add tinted high screen to it too? would set the front off a treat :)

Great bike and colour choice, looks fantastic! [emoji41]

I agree with Marc re a taller screen [emoji846]

Last edited:
Thanks all. I did forget to mention screen actually as scratches are noticeable on the clear one. Question is how tall to go? I've seen tall screens and then there's extra tall screens! Leaning towards the tinted tall screen from a company called powerbronze

I have to say that when they announced that colour I thought it was crap. Actually seeing it in the flesh and sunshine it is beautiful.. J

I even like the bright s1000rr logo too as it helps to brighten up the mood of the bike but not too much. I do find I'm getting a bit precious and reaching for the bug cleaner after every ride now, though!

Nice colour that.. its something akin to the V.A.G vein of their Grey primer scheme they have on their Veedubs, Audis Skodas etc... less is more!

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Matching bikes is fantastic! Pics have reminded me I also want to take off those orange front reflectors. Surely they could have put on something a bit more elegant!

Heat gun Skaben, I've got some Pirelli vertical Decals same as Ive got on my HP4.. I'll be doing the same..

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

First own mod completed - BMW radiator and oil cooler guards on. Not the most exciting but gives me a lot more confidence they will survive the odd stone beating. I followed a youtube video from a channel called Marks Home Engineering so if you are on here then thanks very much!

The main steps were loosening the fairings to make enough space to stick the guards in place...

Attaching the fiddly clips to the guards...

Then putting it all back together again, remembering some bolts are longer than others and went in specific places

Took it out for a ride and nothing has fallen off yet, so i deem that a success!

Back