Broken screen lug

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickS1K

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
The top left lug with the screw hole on my screen, which I'm going to call a lug cos I don't know what else to call it, thas snapped.

I'm on track tomorrow and I think I'll be able to secure it for the day. Thinking about the longer term, is there any way for this to be repaired or do I just need to buy a new screen?

Cheers

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210815-181346_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210815-181346_Chrome.jpg
    292.4 KB · Views: 74
Tricky one that... new screens not hugely expensive.. I'd probably buy new if the snapped lug was obvious...

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Yup, it's just an annoyance at the end of the day, would love to understand what caused it, I don't think I hit it against anything, I think it was vibration on the move. I have had screen screws come out before so I now check them regularly to make sure they are not loose.

The lug hasn't broken off, it's just a bit (like half a polo mint, enough to let the screen come out and vibrate), so I could maybe wrap a couple of washers round that and secure/glue them, but I'll see. The MRA screen would be ideal if it wasn't two tone, and Puig is OKish. I'll see how much Cotswold want for a new BMW one and decide...

Daz off of here has an MRA for good money but I found out its for a Gen 4.

I had text him on your behalf, only to be told it was for the later model.. so I've nabbed it for myself as a spare.... lol...

Yeah a washer would cover it probs.. that's the kind of thing that I would get distracted looking at when riding the bike.. it would be staring back at me and stage whispering .. "change me you cxnt"...hahaha..

Daz off of here has an MRA for good money but I found out its for a Gen 4.

I had text him on your behalf, only to be told it was for the later model.. so I've nabbed it for myself as a spare.... lol...

Yeah a washer would cover it probs.. that's the kind of thing that I would get distracted looking at when riding the bike.. it would be staring back at me and stage whispering .. "change me you cxnt"...hahaha..

Thanks for checking with Daz (the dark Gen 4 screens don't seem to be two tone) and I completely agree about cxnt thing, ha ha.

You could try e-bay for a second hand one. People often have good ones for sale after buying an aftermarket screen.
I got a decent one on eBay for my gen 2 a while back for 30 quid.

Has anyone used partsss.com (yes, 3 s)? They look like a small Spanish shop trying to make themselves look big on the internet. They claim to offer genuine parts for several brands and most of it looks like standard BMW prices, but they are doing 'my' screen for significantly less. Review sites are usual mix of they're great/sh*t, but again they seem so small there isn't much to go on.

Slipstream do look good Katie, but they don't seem to do Gen 2, only Gen 3...

Got my new screen today. It's a BMW original high dark one, aka direct replacement. It cost........ ?33, ordered through my dealer!!

What's the word coming to when the cheapest place for bike parts is ze Germans lol.

(OK, the real reason it was so cheap is it was the last one BMW held in Europe.. possibly the last one they'll ever have, given that gen 2s are getting old now...)

Last edited:
Back