Hello from a new Gen 4 member

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GManRR

Reaction score
Hi all, I have recently bought a red devil ( S1000RR, Sport, Gen 4) and excited to join the RR community!

Ride safe, ride happy :)

Thanks for the intro post, welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new RR [emoji846]

What is your previous motorcycling history and how are you finding your RR thus far?

Enjoy the forum [emoji41]

Welcome and great choice. The red looks stunning in the flesh? esp if you get some carbon goodies with it!

have fun exploring the gen 4 section and ask away

Righto, first big bike was a GSR600. followed by a GSXS1000 which i Loved and was mega fun to ride!

Then felt it was time to experience some TRUE power and ended up with the Gen 4 RR. Having test riden the RSV4 factory, GSXR1000R and the R1 i chose the BMW which was by far the most comfortable.

So far i ve been loving it despite a rocky start (bought approved used Gen 4, engine blew up literally minutes after leaving dealer and they gave me a brand spanking new one as a result so kudos to Vines Guildford for customer care!!!).

Only thing i dislike about the bike is the stock can sound is horrible/boring and it takes some getting used to over revving the engine to get the most out of your power at high rpms. Feels like a 600 up to 9k rpm. Kinda missing the low rpm punch from my GSXS tbh.

Thats in a BIG nutshell from me?

Oli? Whats your riding experience?

G

Back