Oil filter/oil change and other liquids

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No mate, just clocked it on EB.. its the same one Amit and I have.. they're around the ?600.00 quid mark new, just as we were discussing your O and F options I noticed it and thought I'd post it up, not sure how close it is to you but for the DIY/ Tinkerer/Home Mech thy are indispensable.. Would make your oil change a breeze rather than a hassle.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Simply put?.put the best oil in the bike you can i.e fully synthetic, as often as you can with a new filter at the same time. Motel 300V every 3 full trackdays. Obviously if the day has been full of red flags or it was part rained off you can stretch it a little. I run rebuildable filters so i can take a good look inside plus having a black oil catch pan helps you sieve for gold.
Don?t worry so much about being 5W40 as manufacturers vary their advice per region due to winter temperatures. 5w is just thinner in winter for more protection on start up. You can go to a 10w50 for better protection of the top end during hot trackday/race conditions.
Hi mate,
forgot to ask..... rebuildable filters? How does that work? Cheaper or better option in the long run?
Cheers
John

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

John, Sorry for the slow reply was at the GP yesterday and more than a bit tired today.

I run rebuildable filters on all my bike's ie they're high quality filters you can re-use forever but the main thing is you can see the debris inside.

Just a personal thing. I have 3 big V-Twin's and it's a must and used to run them on all the race bikes. Not essential.

425lg.jpg

John, Sorry for the slow reply was at the GP yesterday and more than a bit tired today.

I run rebuildable filters on all my bike's ie they're high quality filters you can re-use forever but the main thing is you can see the debris inside.

Just a personal thing. I have 3 big V-Twin's and it's a must and used to run them on all the race bikes. Not essential.

View attachment 6110
thanks Jamie

Just my 2p's worth.

Like many others, I use 5W40 300V, and Hiflo filters, every 3-4 trackdays. Oil comes out green still, but its good piece of mind, and much cheaper than engine rebuilds...

I use stahlbus oil change valves on all my bikes (https://www.stahlbus.com/info/en/products/oil-drain-valves). Makes changing oil a breeze (just put it in something clear like a tupaware box so you can check for debris). No more forgetting the sump plug, or torqueing it up!

Just my 2p's worth.

Like many others, I use 5W40 300V, and Hiflo filters, every 3-4 trackdays. Oil comes out green still, but its good piece of mind, and much cheaper than engine rebuilds...

I use stahlbus oil change valves on all my bikes (https://www.stahlbus.com/info/en/products/oil-drain-valves). Makes changing oil a breeze (just put it in something clear like a tupaware box so you can check for debris). No more forgetting the sump plug, or torqueing it up!
looks a good bit of kit, thanks for the tip.
2 penneth much appreciated

Back