Bridgstone Battlax S21 - Track use?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GManRR

Reaction score
My Gen4 RR was delivered with Bridgstone S21 tyres. despite being an older model to the newer S22, I have no problem with them on the road even when I push the bike a bit.

Anyone used the S21 on the track? How was it and what pressures did you run? Any lean angle limitations and/or suggestions?

Note: there are tyre pressure recommendations on Bridgestone's website for S22 but I couldn't find anything for S21. So i assume they are the same?
Track-Day-Air-Pressure-Chart-May-2020-FINAL.pdf (bridgestonemotorcycletires.com)

S22 tyre pressure recommendation for track is Front: 30Psi Rear: 26 Psi (cold tyres pressure)

thoughts?

My Gen4 RR was delivered with Bridgstone S21 tyres. despite being an older model to the newer S22, I have no problem with them on the road even when I push the bike a bit.

Anyone used the S21 on the track? How was it and what pressures did you run? Any lean angle limitations and/or suggestions?

Note: there are tyre pressure recommendations on Bridgestone's website for S22 but I couldn't find anything for S21. So i assume they are the same?
Track-Day-Air-Pressure-Chart-May-2020-FINAL.pdf (bridgestonemotorcycletires.com)

S22 tyre pressure recommendation for track is Front: 30Psi Rear: 26 Psi (cold tyres pressure)

thoughts?

Call FWR and ask

Update: i Asked the tyre guy on track. I run 32F/30R and once the tyres warmed up ( no tyre warmers, took about 2 laps to get into their temp window) they felt very comfortable and sticky. I felt comfortable enough to regularly hit 52-56 deg lean angle ( see attached image) and even got my knee down for the first time ever. TBH, when it first happed I was not expecting it and I was more startled than excited:eek::eek:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jlxr6nuymxcx6vi/IMG_20210813_120040.jpg?dl=0

oh, and i now said hi in the welcome area :scooter::scooter:

Thanks for the update. I have these tyres so nice to know they faired well on track. How did they look at the end of your session?

Back