Gen 4 - Fork Partition use?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GManRR

Reaction score
Hello all, I am taking my Gen 4 RR to Brands Hatch this Friday and in the owners manual it explains how one needs to remove the "Fork Partition" panel from under the nose to enable access to the forks for ratchet straps etc.

It then recommends replacing said panel after transport.

Question 1: Is that thing really needed? other than keeping the insides of the nose clean(ish?) and sort of protecting brake lines and damper, is there an effect on cooling/aero?

Question 2: recommendation is to pass ratchet strap around top of the steering yoke/mount. Bottom half of the yoke/triple clamp though is more accessible and less cables /lines to avoid. would passing the ratchet strap from the bottom 3ple clamp a bad idea?

Thanks all and ride safe! or dont... just have fun:tears_of_joy:

What are you strapping to? I've never used the triple clamp but I always use a front wheel chock in a van or trailer...and just strapped forwards and down from rear subframe.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Transporting the bike in van so strapping to any available loop/strap brackets in there.

Sounds a bit fussy to me, use the top clamp mate.. drop the straps down through the apertures and secure to the deck.. use a cloth where they touch the sides of the fairing.....solid! As Alex says use a wheel chock
e8d2ffde6514a93a205d191d7d1bb7e5.jpg

That was taken at night, but you'll get the idea..

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk
9f739895b0a935bd738205761e0fba5f.jpg

Last edited:
Problem he will have removing that small undertray at the front is that there won't likely be anchor points directly below the headstock, they'll be either side same as mine.. piss easy to do it the way mine has been lashed down

Last edited:
Transporting the bike in van so strapping to any available loop/strap brackets in there.
But one of these mate... https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-MOTO...2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=710-127635-2958-0

This is the exact one I purchased..

I place the rear on a stand too, you will only need two straps at the front, forget about lashing it elsewhere.. secured properly the bike won't budge..unless you have a smash in the van [emoji85]

The biggest no-no is the handlebars. One big jolt can snap them.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Update: there was enough space to thread the straps without removing the partition. thank you all for your input. For anyone interested here's how I did it without a wheel Chock. the bike was rock solid and did not move at all

Bike positioned with nose near corner of van (behind driver) and left in gear
Strap 1: Top right hand side yoke-> downwards near the fork. Compressing the suspension downwards a bit and
Strap 2: Left handle bar grip but low tension in ratchet strap to avoid damaging grip. The top LHS part of the yoke on the Gen 4 is an absolute mess. too many cables & lines in the middle so ratchet strap through there was next to impossible without damage.
Straps 3&4: Frame/Pillion Pegs at moderate tension.

ffs... not sure what am i doing wrong... I cannot attach a photo! any idea how?

ffs... not sure what am i doing wrong... I cannot attach a photo! any idea how?

I?ve just authorised your account, as there?s a manual step involved when registering new users.

In order to upload a photo, you need to include a URL link to a suitable file hosting site, or alternatively if you subscribe to the forum as a Premier Member you can upload photos natively to the site. If the latter is of interest, please see the linked thread for more information.

Oh and could you please create an intro post in our Welcome Area, as we kindly ask all new members to say hello there first [emoji846]

https://s1000rrforum.co.uk/showthread.php?6735-Premier-Membership-What-is-it

I?ve just authorised your account, as there?s a manual step involved when registering new users.

In order to upload a photo, you need to include a URL link to a suitable file hosting site, or alternatively if you subscribe to the forum as a Premier Member you can upload photos natively to the site. If the latter is of interest, please see the linked thread for more information.

Oh and could you please create an intro post in our Welcome Area, as we kindly ask all new members to say hello there first [emoji846]

https://s1000rrforum.co.uk/showthread.php?6735-Premier-Membership-What-is-it

thanks Oli. Already posted a few links below and said hi to the welcome area!

Back