Rossi Retires

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alex

Forum Moderator
Admin
Reaction score
Surprised they let him retire at all with the amount of money he generates in merchandise alone !

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Bet Dorna are counting their blessings that he's going to have a team going forwards (so the commercial benefits roll on)!
Looks like he's wanting to have a proper crack at WEC (World Endurance (Cars)) and win the LM24 in his class. I think he should join EWC, think he might have a chance of a decent result there ;)

Last edited:
Surprised they let him retire at all with the amount of money he generates in merchandise alone !

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

I'm surprised you're surprised. Valentino has always made his own decisions.

9ad2269441f04ba4c8b677dde1419f38.jpg

Dude!

Yes he was very influential and is apparently the current GOAT. I'm just as in awe of many other riders however and I'm really pleased he's stopped cockblocking the new guys! Looking forward to seeing how his new team gets on... I've not got high hopes though as I doubt his obvious talents will translate well to team management/ownership...

Errr? Current VR46 team in Moto2 and also previously in Moto3? Both successful teams since 2014. J
All true, but as I said, I can?t see his influence translating to the top step in motogp! He has the $$$, he has the experience too, he HAD the talent as well! But I think you need something different now to take a rider or a team to the top. I think his ego will get in the way.
I?m only saying what I think, I?m not really bothered by fandom. I always like to see the underdog win, and I?m glad he?s stepped aside so we can see the new.

Also, not been much here today so trying to revive the thread ?

Not really, it?s about the future not the past.

and if he's serious about only using VR46 riders in the main class then it might be a while before he gets even a podium unless he signs Frankie from Yamaha.

I'm talking further down the line - I can't see any of the other VR46 riders ending up at the front of MotoGP.
Vietti might make it but I agree Marini and Bez have no chance. But that being said VR46 is giving Italian kids awesome opportunities and support. Its now much like the Petronas & KTM/Ajo systems with a path from CIV to Moto3 to Moto2 to MotoGP. VR46 will be scouting all the grass roots to find the next Vale/Marquez.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Back