2020 s1000rr m sport

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glennc

Reaction score
Hello to the forum, Owned my m sport since nov 2020 previously had the gen 1, looking forward to some feedback and comparisons from other members with the same bike,cheers.

Welcome Glen, hope you are getting on well with it.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Re: 2020 s1000rr m sport idle issues

Welcome Glen, hope you are getting on well with it.

Thanks Alex wish i could say yes, First 650 miles great, But currently having a idle issues since the brake in service and restriction removed, Had to have the cyl head replacement recall at the same time so not sure if the idle issues relate to this or the removal of the restriction.Been back to bmw they say all good but the bikes idle fluctuates when warm. :apologetic:

Does it stall? If not then its probably just running as lean as possible. Wouldn't be concerned.

Does it stall? If not then its probably just running as lean as possible. Wouldn't be concerned.

Thanks Alex,I think i just need to get on it and ride it like i stole it. (On track of course).

Hi Glen !
I have the same problem, dealer said it was fine but 1st bike I've had that runs like this. I also have a kick in the low rev range when off the gas. APPARENTLY, there is a facility in the software that only BMW can access that can clear the kick. Will investigate further before I take it in for forks.

Hi bananaman, Did you have the cyl head recall/replacement,When did your problem start.I do feel some trans backlash coming of the gas at low revs that had not felt before the recall/rev limit removal.

Hi ! Bought a 2020 'ex company bike' year old to me. No head recall necessary or done. It's not trans, it's when off the gas say coming into roundabout, just before stopping (in gear) engine coughs just the once, used to it now , just pull the clutch.

A belated welcome to the forum Glen and congratulations on your new RR! [emoji846]

What are your impressions of the Gen 4 compared to the Gen 1?
What were your favourite experiences onboard your Gen 1 RR?

Enjoy the forum [emoji41]

Back