Insurance

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tabbytot10@

Reaction score
Hi
Ordered a S1000RR M Sport which is due end of the month , just getting insurance quotes but seem high , I have a bike insurance with carole nash
full NCB , I am 51 living in Hampshire , looking at Mulit bike and coming back with ?560 to add to policy this has only started 1 day ago . What price are people paying ?

Sorry just a little about myself had bikes for years moved from sports bikes a few years ago and got a Bmw gs1200 which is a great bike but its time to come back , will still keep the GS .

I can?t fault BeMoto for my insurance on the S1000RR. Maybe try Lexus too. They insured my last bike at a decent price.

You can tell us :) I?m paying just short of a grand for my 2017 RR sport.

I can remember late eighties when the insurance went sky high and companies pulled out the market , maybe I have got used to paying low insurance , my gs1200
is ?145 and ?65 of that is the breakdown and legal . The problem I have is I have just renewed the GS insurance and all my no claims sits on that , If I cancel I will lose money , next year I will get quotes for each bike and together .

How much would it increase by if you moved the no claims off of the GS? Could be cheaper to move it over to the S1000RR.

I?d always insure my bikes separately. You?ll always find better deals that way.

Bennetts are doing some very good deals this month... not sure why, but maybe worth a look?

Bike sure for me?raped me for year one? 2600 quid.
however renewal for this year? 440 quid

Sportsbike insurance within London is definately not going to be cheap. Around ?1K every year for the past 5 years for me.......

Sportsbike insurance within London is definately not going to be cheap. Around ?1K every year for the past 5 years for me.......

All depends on where you store your bike. If you lucky enough to have a concrete/brick garage for yourself, the price will be sane.

I find the 15 plus s1000rrs are just high to insure.

For my 17 i was down to one insurer and 900ish euro.

Rest wouldn't even quote very high despite 15 years ncb and clean

All depends on where you store your bike. If you lucky enough to have a concrete/brick garage for yourself, the price will be sane.

im with bemoto, the bike is garaged. still hovering around the ?1K mark. Think the CR postcode doesn't help. I keep telling mates that the CR postcode premiums help to subsidise the rest the rest of the country's premiums!!!

Bloody hell Marc! I thought mine was bad at a grand for the S1K and a KTM 1290SDGT. First year, the KTM wasn't considered (by the insurance company) as proof of ability to handle a fast bike... :witless: Has gone down to ?770 this year but I'm outside the M25 and I'm old :highly_amused:

Also a CR postcode, and ?470 for me. I'm just wondering when they'll tipping the age/experience benefits into the 'wtf is someone that age doing on this bike?' loading!
I'm with Bemoto, so far they've been excellent.

Bike sure for me?raped me for year one? 2600 quid.

It's not far short of this. Garaged, 42, full NCB. BeMoto were nice enough to insure the NC700 for next to nothing on the same policy. I wouldn't mind so much, but when I was getting quotes before ordering the bike they were half as much and then 4 months later they went up for no reason what so ever.

At ripe age of 37 with 6 points and 14 year NCB I insure 2 tuned/modified garaged bikes with bemoto, an S1000RR & CBR600 I pay nearly ?600 a year fully comp with breakdown recovery. :)

Back