Gen 4 SOS button

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattals

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Would anyone know if this can be removed? Seen a bike with this option and do not want the SOS and looks to be on the back of master cylinder and i will fit Brembo RCS.

Would anyone know if this can be removed? Seen a bike with this option and do not want the SOS and looks to be on the back of master cylinder and i will fit Brembo RCS.
The most complete solution is through the dealership.

They have to change the original order in the sales system, then remove the hardware and update the ecu.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I pulled SOS button/unit off the other day. While it could make it fit with the Galespeed MC, it limited the clip on position.

In regards to the dealer knowing how to remove it or update the ECU, I can't help there. Bahnstormer stated it wasn't straight forward. But i am not sure about that. Anyway if you remove it you just get an exclamation mark on the dash. Annoying but not the end of the world.

If I hear back from Bahnstomer i will let you know what the procedure is about disabling it via ECU configs.

The harness for the switch for runs under the air tube. There isn?t much room to tie it out the way and it?s close to the lower clamp.

Simply removing the module throws up a dash error.

I spoke to BMW Oxford who were more on the ball. They said you need to recode the ECU and they?ve got caps that fit over were the button and gsm/gps plug into the loom.

?67 for removing the the module, switch, caps fitted and recode.. And it can be reactivated again if needed.

Or you can press the button when you are feeling a bit lonely and chat to some random haha.

Don't think I've got that.. got something similar on the headliner console on my VW Touareg tho.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Back