HP4 (2014) or S100RR M package

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I test road the R1M a while back. I felt perched on the top of it and I'm not very tall.

It's great to have other bikes for different experiences. If I could only have one bike it would be my TZ2504TW. It's the most focused bike I have ever owned. It's a proper motorcycle.

I just love that R1 sound. Ive a feeling it?s going to be a no though. My knees can?t cope :)

have you tried the gen 4 sport and m sport. tbh my missis gen 4 with forged wheels feels better and more planted than my carbon wheeled m sport. given my choice again i think i would have my missis bike. :)

I've dismissed the Gen4. I wasn't impressed as the only reason to change was to have a better bike for the road. I absolutely don't need cruise control (gimmick) , I really don't need a quick shifter either (I know how to change gear thank you BMW), and I can read road signs so I don't need a sat nav. The number of production problems and recalls all adds up to my HP4 making a much better option for me. Not long ago I bought a car which spent 6 months of 12 months ownership back at the dealers. I'm not prepared to accept that. I need a bit more time on the HP4 so I get used to it and then I can ride it more like the TZ :) Once I can outride the HP4, I'll consider something else.

The cruise control really isn?t a gimmick, as on road it?s so useful and for any ride-by-wire bike it?s just a bit of code and a switch to implement. You don?t have to use it. Similarly, the gear shift assist pro quickshifter/ blipper is an excellent bit of kit to have, but again, if you don?t like it you don?t have to use it, you can literally still upshift and downshift entirely manually with or without the clutch, if you desire.

I get the reliability point, which is valid, but the BMW warranty is still solid so they?ll take care of things.

If you?re after a genuinely analogue experience, I really don?t think you?ll find that in any modern motorcycle

I'm not looking for a modern analogue bike, I'm looking for a better super sports road bike. IMO the Gen4 is not a better road bike than my HP4 so I won't be buying one.

I'm not looking for a modern analogue bike, I'm looking for a better super sports road bike. IMO the Gen4 is not a better road bike than my HP4 so I won't be buying one.

That?s a fair point, and one that I?m sure the majority of people would agree with.

But things like cruise control, blippers, better TC and ABS, and SatNav etc aren?t gimmicks, they?re objectively useful additions and just a result of technology improving [emoji846]

I've dismissed the Gen4. I wasn't impressed as the only reason to change was to have a better bike for the road. I absolutely don't need cruise control (gimmick) , I really don't need a quick shifter either (I know how to change gear thank you BMW), and I can read road signs so I don't need a sat nav. The number of production problems and recalls all adds up to my HP4 making a much better option for me. Not long ago I bought a car which spent 6 months of 12 months ownership back at the dealers. I'm not prepared to accept that. I need a bit more time on the HP4 so I get used to it and then I can ride it more like the TZ :) Once I can outride the HP4, I'll consider something else.

In all honesty none of us will ever outride the S1000RR or any other 1000cc sports motorbike from any manufacturer on the road, it?s not possible with traffic coming the other way IMO

Back