Bike issues

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That what I was looking for Rob and couldn't find it.. normally Google comes up trumps but couldn't find the policy wording [emoji108]

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Yes, 2016 Gen 3

Never had any issues like this before. (Loom or fuses)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nah fair enough, I only ask/mention in case the generator and rec/reg turn out ok that my 2016 had a short in the wiring loom which was flattening the battery, but was intermittent so took the workshop a few goes before they found it.
Rubbed through on the frame under the fuel tank mount.
I remember reading (back then) that it was somewhat of a known issue but don?t think it ever had a proper recall, but couldn?t find any official reference to it through BMW.
Although your bike has a few k?s on it so if that was gonna happen it would have a while ago?

So, bike just back from Bahnstormer.

They said the stator had burnt out. (****?ed off to say the least)

They said that they tested that and the reg/Rec and both were fine the first time around . Blamed it on the BikeTrac unit (who were sent the unit, returned it saying it was fine). Bahnstormer suggested to replace the BikeTrac which I did.

Lost faith with Bahnstormer. They were very good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's taken far too long to get to this point - hope she runs well now. Though I'd be thinking about a trade in...

That's a real pain. Did they fix it under the extended warranty or are they trying to get out of that by blaming the Biketrack?
Can't see how it could be the biketrack unless it was shorted out.

Bahnstormer have an arrogance about them and it?s not a good place to be for any dealership.

Back