Bike issues

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IMORTAL_Indian

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
So, just over the Peak District and stop for fuel and hydration. Bike does not start and see the dash lighting up like it?s Xmas

Engine Light on
DDC /lamp sign flashing
ABS light constantly on and warning light flashing.

Any suggestion or Get a tow home?

00a64986a183e570d21dc0071c8551d6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Yes and yes.

Spoke to Alan Jeffries technician who thinks it?s the battery that?s duff. Purchased one and now waiting to get recovered there to then fit it?.

Fingers crossed and then off to Oswestry else recovery back home and end of holiday :-(

You'll be golden tomorrow. But get the rectifier and generator checked

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Reg/rec won't always show on dash remember.. mine was fooked and the dash was clear.. multimeter best way to check.. 2 second job.. if it is the reg/rec I found it a bit of a bastard to get too

That's really bad luck Amit... sorry to hear about this, on your trip too !

BB: buy OE rec/rec.. for no good reason other than I said so lol...

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Recovery delay and will not be able to get to the shop next door to AJ in time. So an angel has been sent. He is bringing the battery to me and hope it resolves my issues. Else planning ahead to get recovered back to Surrey

Update. Battery got me going??

But 25 mile into a 80 mile trip to the hotel abs similar issues. Felt like fuelling issues and the bike would drop power. Could well be Reg/Rec issues.

A couple couple of Peroni?s in the hotel bar to calm down after being roadside with crap service from the RAC/local Recovery partners.

Hopefully tomorrow is a good day

MASSIVE, MASSIVE thanks to Alan Jefferies Shipley and their technician Alex to ran the battery over to me ?. 2.5 hr round trip at least ?. That managed to get me to Oswestry tonight.

generator windings can fail and it doesnt charge properly, first thing you notice is poor running

AJ will be calling Chester Motorrad this morning. Hopefully they can get me recovered and fingers crossed they have parts.

Will only find out once the bike is on a ramp.

Such a pain when you?re on a trip too. I hope you get the bike sorted and enjoy the roads. Where are you planned to go?

RAC are getting worse. They also charged me for a years membership without telling me. Seems I was auto renewal and the email went out. I know I didn?t receive it.

Trip over for me.

All the local dealers seem to be short staffed (Covid/ planned holidays) so it?s booked in with RAC to get recovered tomorrow morning back to Bahnstormer.

I?ve requested they collect me 09:00 and take me all the way instead of bunny hopping with multiple transfers as they have distance limits / driving hrs limits.

Fingers crossed. They turn up this time.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear that. It?s such a shame none of the dealers are willing to sort you out.

Bad luck. You're not the first to end a trip up north early :) I came back by train from Leeds station in 2016...

Hope you can get it fixed up quickly. Might be worth replacing Reg/Rec and Genny.

That's rubbish mate, sorry to hear about this... sods law, booked, planned, mega anticipation.. then a massive let down midway...

The three certainties in life..death, taxes and problems with the bike [emoji849]

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

A real shocking service from the RAC?.

Anyhow, am now waiting for the train at Birmingham International

c14c756b7119b3bc970c731eee26b928.jpg

?? great photo. Keep at it, don?t forget it?s the journey not the destination!

Back