Race shift on the road?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zxcv12

Reaction score
I?m thinking of going race shift all the time, wondering how many do this and if there are any pitfalls. I can see the advantages, but once used to it I can?t think of any disadvantages! Anyone using this all the time road and track?

Mine is in race shift since day one. I find it easier to ride with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think its just a muscle memory issue.

I never rode Race Shift before but jumped on Bananaman's gen4 setup with it mid track session. Cocked up a couple of times but was largely ok. The quick shifter won't work if the gas is open and you shift the wrong way...so you're largely protected from yourself.

Head up shift up.
Head down shift down.

I want one of the gearboxes with N gated below 1st!

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I think its just a muscle memory issue.

I never rode Race Shift before but jumped on Bananaman's gen4 setup with it mid track session. Cocked up a couple of times but was largely ok. The quick shifter won't work if the gas is open and you shift the wrong way...so you're largely protected from yourself.

Head up shift up.
Head down shift down.

I want one of the gearboxes with N gated below 1st!

Yeah, and them there seamless boxes used in motogp.. dream on!

They are in BSB so they are coming imo

Doubt they?ll be homologated for road use, H&S and all that?. It?ll be the one and only Brexit dividend if it was!

Was kinda hoping a bike like the MRR would intro one. But yes the change in operation mode might be sneered at.

Back