Howdo...

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all,

Allow me to introduce myself. I?ve been a long-time lurker gleaning much information from this site, and have finally signed up. Thanks for all your help so far.

I?m just in the process of buying a new S100RR Gen4 to replace my venerable CBR1000RR8. Whilst I love the bike, the old girl is showing her age and it is time to cross the Rubicon into the world of excessive power and its associated controlling electronics.

I?m buying this bike as I have an itch for more track riding which needs scratching before I get too old or scared. My current intention is to spent a chunk of time in whenever the coronavirus and the associated swathe of laws allow in southern Europe trying to go faster and faster in circles.

Whatever happens, I have absolutely no doubt that the bike will be far more competent than I will ever be, but it will be interesting to try to get closer to my limit (and also not be passed by a rider just because they have more modern machinery).

I?ve done some off-roading and adventure travel in the past, but that?s for another forum.

Anyway, I hope to meet some of you in due course. Hopefully in the sun in some foreign land?

CJC

Which track is your favourite in the UK / Abroad? Where are you looking forward to going with the Gen4 the most?

Porti and Jerez currently. Will find out if Mugello joins the list in August.

Donny in the UK

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Hi CJC,

I'm a new guy around here as well, and two bikes back I owned a Fireblade. Was being an idiot and lowsided it in the hills of California, but I'll leave that story for another time. At any rate, I really did love the Honda, but the new S1000RR has some creature comforts that I'm really excited for. (Heated grips, cruise control). Never done any riding other than the street, but I hear it really can help riders get a feel for tires slipping out and other things when riding on the road.

See you around the forum!

44R0n

Back