Cadwell Park 19th July 2021

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mellorp23

Reaction score
Had a rather good day ay the BMW riders day.

It was the 1st opportunity I've had to ride the HP4 properly having only ridden it on the road. Whilst it's a lovely road bike, to use more of it's potential you really need a safer environment than the public roads around Greater Manchester

Blue Group (inters)

Session 1 I used to decide on which mode to use. Rain was quickly discarded as was sport so I decided on Race. No point in selecting Slick if I can't outride Race mode.
Session 2 and 3 a few tweaks front and back to stop it bouncing around, adjusting the tyre pressures so they would actually warm up, and by the 4th session it was sort of coming together.
Session 4 onwards, this thing is ballistically fast compared to all my other bikes, but it's not a race bike. Bearing that in mind and it being on somewhat unknown Metzeler Racetec tyres, it was never going to be the fastest laps I'd ever ridden at Cadwell Park.
Conclusion
It's not a race bike but it's a pretty quick road bike and easy to ride quickly. To go fast is another story. TBH no point in me posting the settings I settled on, as every bike and rider/riding style/rider weight etc. is different.

All in all it was a most enjoyable day and I took a few videos. They are on my you tube channel under the HP4 playlist. A bit repetitive but it's somewhere to store my video's for free and if I change my computer I won't lose them :)

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?app=desktop&list=PLdp8MTkAUY9lSeQ4NKtglO3mn_Aaf7b-s

Back