Gen 4 track fairing

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lord Acton

Reaction score
Anyone point me in the direction of track fairing I can use with standard exhaust. Or is it a case of butchering one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Butchering needed unfortunately. I had a CRC one and it involved a lot of cutting but it can be done. Especially as the CRC fairings are very thin, it does makes it easier to cut.

Butchering needed unfortunately. I had a CRC one and it involved a lot of cutting but it can be done. Especially as the CRC fairings are very thin, it does makes it easier to cut.

I thought that may be the case. Any pictures of it on. [emoji1303]. Cheers for the reply.

I don't unfortunately. I ditched the idea of sticking a full racing fairing on and went for aftermarket road fairings. As it's still on the road...for now.

But when i did start cutting you needed to cut around the back on the pan, around the side stand and where the exhaust splits into two. There were a few other touch points as well. Mine touched the cats, so it would have needed cutting out there as well.

Some info here: https://www.s1000rrforum.com/threads/track-build-s1000rr-2020.241042/

I don't unfortunately. I ditched the idea of sticking a full racing fairing on and went for aftermarket road fairings. As it's still on the road...for now.

But when i did start cutting you needed to cut around the back on the pan, around the side stand and where the exhaust splits into two. There were a few other touch points as well. Mine touched the cats, so it would have needed cutting out there as well.

Some info here: https://www.s1000rrforum.com/threads/track-build-s1000rr-2020.241042/

Cheers for the link and advice [emoji1303]

I've seen Mike "spike" Edwards at Donny coaching. His bike runs a stock exhaust with what looks like a CRC fairing. I think he is on the forum as well.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E2Jm2o4X0AATda2?format=jpg&name=medium Or search on instagram for No1Bloke a few pics of the bike on there.

Anyway, enjoy the cutting and its an excuse to by a Dremel :)

I?ve literally just watched his video. I?m tempted to use the whole fairing. Then cut out the vent holes same as the ilmberger long bottom fairing has. As that?s for the cat cooling

Hi,

I?m just in the process of buying a Gen 4 and have been ask myself the very same question, not least because I think that the exposed exhaust is particularly ugly and makes the bike look unfinished. I did lots of digging around and came across this:

https://www.bikesplast.com/product/racing-fairing-kit-bmw-s-1000rr-2019-2020/

This gives an option to run a belly pan with a stock exhaust.

I?m awaiting a response to a few more questions that I?ve asked, but at the moment this is my leading contender as it appears to solve two problems in one go without having to cut holes.

Has anyone ever used them?

CJC

Hi all,

Further to my earlier post, here is a list of questions that I asked the BikesPlast sales representative, along with the verbatim answers I received. I?ve also included some contact details should you wish to ask more.

BikesPlast has also unilaterally offered a 7.5% discount to forum members who quote: S1000RRFORUM.

Mods, I hope I'm not breaking any forum rules on posting this here? In case there are any cynics out there (apologies in advance if I?ve been scarred by experiences of some other BMW motorbike fora), I have no connection with this company. I?m just a biker looking to buy and fit a set of fairings for the first time.

Hope you find this useful,

CJC

Q&A

1. Have you ever had any problems with the stock exhaust melting the fairings? I see you provide heat deflecting foil which I hope is supplied pre-installed?
Yes there is heatproof foil for helping of this problem, anyhow you need to fit the fairing that it is not direct in touch with the fiberglass.

1. I want to keep the existing rear sub-frame. Does this mean that I have to select OEM seat unit, or do I have an option?
Yes you can keep your OEM subframe

1. If I select OEM seat unit, does the rear set plastic just fit onto the existing sub-frame?
OEM seat unit and also Racing Seat unit fits both on OEM subframe, in case of OEM seat you will use your own seat from bike, with Racing you should buy also the Seat Foam for gluing on the top.

1. Do I need the airduct to manage the airflow into the engine, or will the standard OEM parts work?
OEM works, our Air duct is lighter and keep out other components which are not useful for track.

1. Is the fairing bracket necessary, or will the standard OEM parts work?
It is recommended with air duct

1. Can I use the original screen with your fairings. Does it fasten straight into place?
Yes you can use OEM screen.

1. I see some of the pictures on your website show black fins on the fairings, but the main picture doesn?t include these. Are these optional?
There is black rib on the right side fairing included https://www.bikesplast.com/product/right-side-fairing-bmw-s1000rr-2019-2020/

1. Does your kit need any additional fitting kits, or does it fasten straight onto the existing original mounting points.
Dzus fasteners are mounted and included. You only need to find some screws to mount the fairings on the bike, that is not included.

1. Is it possible to somehow retain the OEM kick stand with your fairings?
yes you need to choose the OEM lower fairing

1. Do you have a UK distributor? If so, please could you provide their contact details.
Yeah sure we can ship it to the UK, but we have to use FEDEX as now is a bit more hassle with POST.

1. What is your current lead time for manufacture and shipping?
We have business closed next two weeks so the ETA is around mid August approx.

Contact details:
I?ve been dealing with a chappie called Ondrej who is a sales manager, details below:
[email protected]
B?lot?n 316
753 64 B?lot?n
Czech Republic
phone: + 420 776 34 32 32

Back