Suspension Courses

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stuartb

Reaction score
I've booked on to this next Thursday. I feel it's something I'll hopefully get some value out of.. I struggle with setting sag among various other things related..

https://www.suspensionschool.com/index.htm

There are more in depth courses too I'll look at if it's decent. ?120 and booked accommodation at 88 quid...

Course prospectus

https://documentcloud.adobe.com/lin...:scds:US:c4c501ce-a601-4efe-90d2-3b4d3325bca8

If you can't d/l from link you can d/l from their website..

2af62fe5c55b27746124b3949d4237b7.jpg

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Last edited:
i did it a couple of years ago,very informative but you do need to concentrate.it just covers the basics of set up etc (bsically everything you'd need to know as t/dayer) and signs to look for on tyre wear.we was lucky to have neil spalding there who also gave an insight into other technical stuff,not just suspension.

i'd make sure you have a play with your bike afterwards,and whenever you can to get everything second nature as it's easily forgotten if you dont ride or use your bike for a year afterwards (like me....)

That's my intention, I'll do my Gen 4 when I get back up the road from me [emoji106]

We went to an ohlins one a few years ago stuart, you forgotten everything already lol?

Alex sent me this today, its worth to put it here, very good video from him finally

He talks about suspension there

Alex sent me this today, its worth to put it here, very good video from him finally

He talks about suspension there
Loads of preload and pegged back the damping side of things.. interesting.. as he said the bike sits tall, which makes sense..

Wait up. He's using fork extension caps and sbk linkages. Oem that is not.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Wait up. He's using fork extension caps and sbk linkages. Oem that is not.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

You sure he runs SBK linkeage ? Otherwise why would he be saying about lighter springs. I think he runs STK config, so OE linkage.

Went back and checked on the big screen and yes it's the OEM linkage. So the preload at the rear bit is probably applicable. But the front is high thanks to the fork caps.

Back