Trusted tyre changer with HP wheels

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zak

Reaction score
Hi All,

Does anyone have any recommendations for a trusted tyre change place that take a lot of care when carrying out tyre swaps?

A friend of mine has HP wheels on his Gen3 and wants to keep them mint.

The HP wheels have quite a soft finish to them and i imagine they could be easily marked if handled the wrong way.

He is around the South East area.

Also - would a BMW dealer offer this service? (would they have to supply the tyres or could you supply the tyres that you wanted fitted?) It's probably a bit easier to strike up the "you've damaged my wheels" conversation with a main dealer than a small 1-man-band type outfit??

Let me know your thoughts. Cheers

Yep, it doesn't really matter were you go. Staff come and go.

Clean the wheels thoroughly and point out that the wheels are mint and would like them returned in the same condition. A bit like what you'd say to the bloke taking your daughter out for the first time, whilst you're holding your shotgun. ;)

Clean the wheels thoroughly and point out that the wheels are mint and would like them returned in the same condition. A bit like what you'd say to the bloke taking your daughter out for the first time, whilst you're holding your shotgun. ;)

So basically he's getting them back scratched and covered in lube...............

Why lubed and scratched? If they are dirty and already scratched they won't take as much care. If they are delivered mint they'll come back mint if not have a moan.

Last edited:
Why lubed and scratched? If they are dirty and already scratched they won't take as much care. If they are delivered mint they'll come back mint if not have a moan.

I think you missed my "joke".........see the highlighted bit.............

:unconscious:

Tyre Changes

I really wouldn?t worry about it. I?ve lost count of how many tyre changes I?ve had done either on trackdays or at a dealership or local tyre fitter and I?ve never had a wheel returned damaged. Just make sure your wheels are clean and they will come back in the same condition as you dropped them off in. No one likes fitting tyres to filthy wheels?

Same goes for a service. A nice clean bike and the mechanic knows you care about it and they will do the same.

Last edited:
Most tyre machines have a soft insert where the jaws clamp onto the rims, simply ask about your area who does bike tyres and that's the place to go.

The place I use locally have never put a mark on my HP4 Blue forged rims or any other of my bike rims for that matter.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Re: Tyre Changes

+1. Completely agree.
100% on this, both my girls also know to get their cars valeted prior to a garage visit.. When I was in the game you always appreciated a well presented vehicle and gave it the RR treatment.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

cheers all, appreciate the advice! have a good week

I'd recommend Neil of Boots tyres mobile tyre fitter london and SE, been doing all mine for years

ALWAYS clean your wheels before tyre changes (I even take off the weights and clean). 1, it sits right and 2, fitter will know that a mark will stand out.
Also was told last change that you should also make it clear if you have pressure sensors fitted.

Same goes for a service. A nice clean bike and the mechanic knows you care about it and they will do the same.

mine usually comes back dirtier than it went in as i ask them not to clean it as i will clean again when it comes back, same goes for chain, dont grease or adjust as i will take care of that as i dont like white grease everywhere. :)

Back