Yamaha MT10

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Balallan

Reaction score
Anyone had one of these? What they like?? Been looking for a 2nd bike for a while as don?t want to part with the RR and had considered a GS but an 18plate MT10 touring edition has caught my eye

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Worth trying to get a test ride froma yam dealer, I rode my mates SP and didn't like the power delivery, he loves it but still has his 11 plate R1 for quick days, another mate has a basic one and whilst it doesn't acclerate has hard as the rr, he was still faster than me round brands hatch! oh and fuel range is rubbish

Probably should have test rode one 1st but deposit is down it gets delivered on the 20th, im keeping my RR for quick days out, the MT is for the more leisurely days out lol

Worth trying to get a test ride froma yam dealer, I rode my mates SP and didn't like the power delivery, he loves it but still has his 11 plate R1 for quick days, another mate has a basic one and whilst it doesn't acclerate has hard as the rr, he was still faster than me round brands hatch! oh and fuel range is rubbish

Yup, there was something about the MT10 that didn't quite work for me either, so I ended up choosing between a Tuono and S1000R... Coulda gone either way, but ended up staying with a Beemer... can't remember why, but on my 2nd one.

The RR still feels more fun, but the R doesn't seem to slow me down. Interested in how you define a 'quick day out' :)

Enjoy it!

they do definately drink, when a few of us went on tour to the Alps couple of years ago i was on a 2012 R1 and everyone thought my fuel light would be the first to go on. Wrong - the MT10 in the group was on fumes / running on good luck, and my R1's fuel light hadnt even lit up!!aka "eMpTy 10" ;-)

lets say we are on holiday in germany, may cover quite a few miles at over 150, or explore the power of the big bikes (obvs not in the uk!) so he finds the mt10 is good for slow rides with his brother (his words) and we are all getting a bit older and the wrists start to ache a bit on sports bikes if you don't keep the speed up. I've fitted some gilles variobars which seem to work nicely for me on the wrist front.
tuono is lovely I nearly got a thou when they first came out after a good test ride - another mat just got the 1100, as he finds his ducatis too uncomfortable for more than a tank full.
I quite enjoyed the s1000r - but think if it comes to it flat bars on the rr might be the way to go.
just for info the RR smokes them all in a straight line if you need to play catch up.
having said that i've also got an fj1200 for taking the mrs out, and that manages pretty well on the road compared to the more modern stuff

The reason for the 2nd bike is so the Mrs can come for a run out with me, the GS i had when the RR was in for a service would be the ideal bike for it but out of my price range at the moment as want to keep my RR. Thought of the likes of a triumph tiger but the MT10 caught my eye and while bored at work put a deposit down on it, maybe i should have tried one first !!! :)

I think they are great. That noise is worth it.
Have fun with it.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I've only been on my mates for a few miles and I thought it was comfy, great engine and the front brakes were excellent.. doubt you'll be disappointed, my immediate thoughts were this will be great on a twisty stretch.. I'd have one.

My mate banged on loads more carbon on his the other day.. I'll get a couple of pics and post them up.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

There's a Blue bike in there somewhere and those rims are Blue Carbon too !
e361136f274decb9f46fb6d2881eb9c8.jpg
239335da00b4c8db7436940c5d5de544.jpg
26ec446488899b6f62f8ecac7262681b.jpg
c527cfe820b1b0fd550a1b6faefa5ae7.jpg

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Last edited:
2ec50ada98de532aed1566450627d302.jpg

Well she arrived last week, Offt thirsty to run so have to plan the runs by fuel stations [emoji1787]but great fun to drive

Well she arrived last week, Offt thirsty to run so have to plan the runs by fuel stations [emoji1787]but great fun to drive

I'd been hankering for one of these but decided I should go with a Tracer 900 GT if I ever get a road bike now. Maybe if your experience is good I will take another look.

Last edited:
Back