Tail Tidy

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stuartb

Reaction score
I've just fitted a tail tidy and it's thrown an error, can I over ride this anywhere guys....

e313df7daf949b5a5fa19cbbfd1d710a.jpg
9aab68ee5125ea22c51c87ce76956999.jpg

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

I do..actually I'll try that, need to find the connector plug on the bike lol..

Any idea where it is ?

Had both off, never jumped out at me yesterday, I'll need to have a proper look.. don't think it's as obvious as the HP4/Gen2

Last edited:
Connector

The Gen 4 diagnostic connector is a different shape. This one is rectangular as opposed to the previous models which were circular. It?s quite large so you shouldn?t miss it when you lift the rear seat cowl.

Adapter

If you have the older GS-911 you just need to buy an OBD2 adapter cable.

Its a odbc connector as in cars etc?
Cheers Andy, I've emailed the manufacturer to be sure what I'm buying.. they've a Gen 2 GS 911 which is backward compatible with the corresponding "circular" connector lead listed on their site.. so guessing the original model will work with correct connector .

Fault Dash Message

If you remove the OEM number plate carrier and/or the mirrors/indicators the bike will display an error message on the screen. The system will keep displaying the fault message until you reconnect the OEM plugs. You can suppress the warnings in the ?Racetrack Configuration? menu by deactivating the ?Lights Warning? function.

Does the Gen 4 use a bulb or an LED for the OEM number plate light? It may be that a suitable resistor will clear the error code?
LED snooker..

I believe the draw in the unit I fitted is greater as it has a triple LED cluster hence the error, the OE unit is single from what I can make out..I would say it's easily solved by resorting to a single LED unit or as Ryan says suppressing it via the console... I'm reasonably confidant that this is correct.. I've done a bit of digging over the last day or so, that said I'd happily be corrected on this..

Last edited:
Stuart I think I'd said to you about this issue when you'd mentioned buying it. I ended up just getting a genuine evo tech one, as the worst part is you can't even buy the evo tech led to swap into it as they're made diffrrent

I've ordered a pair of single LED fittings, I'll test one tomorrow night see if my theory is right.. if so I'll buy the GS911 adapter cable and try suppress the error or swap over to the single LED.. if I'm wrong I've a back up tail tidy on order which has a guaranteed no error fitting included lol....

Thing is, this tidy is very well made, even though it doesn't fit 100%I'm actually quite happy with it..I'll see if I can sort it.

Evotech tidy is ridiculously expensive.. I refuse to buy ! [emoji2]

LED snooker..

I believe the draw in the unit I fitted is greater as it has a triple LED cluster hence the error, the OE unit is single from what I can make out..I would say it's easily solved by resorting to a single LED unit or as Ryan says suppressing it via the console... I'm reasonably confidant that this is correct.. I've done a bit of digging over the last day or so, that said I'd happily be corrected on this..

My tail tidy number plate light has 4 leds with no faults showing on display
bdc5a9c9fc0a95e05dfa4ebe6244b1fc.jpg

I did have a problem like yours when I first fitted my nrc tail tidy to find there was a problem with the resistor fitted to it wasn?t connected properly so new replacement one was sent out and I re-soldered the original and fix which then worked perfectly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
A resistor might resolve matters, that said I've never known a resistor to be supplied with any tail tidies I've fitted..

I'll hook up one of these single pole LEDs and see if that sorts it out..

Is that for a Gen 4 ?

Last edited:
A resistor might resolve matters, that said I've never known a resistor to be supplied with any tail tidies I've fitted..

I'll hook up one of these single pole LEDs and see if that sorts it out..

Is that for a Gen 4 ?

A tiny resistor is normally hidden into the loom/light unit or even built into some leds as its needed to stop canbus errors.
Yes I have a gen 4, I?m on my second tail tidy number plate light now first NRC now a mix up NRC light unit with TST Industries plate holder with there number plate light and I?ve have no more problem with both.

If I get a chance later today I?ll cut open my old nrc number plate light loom to show the hidden 20p resistor that they fit between the wires

Last edited:
Back