Back Home

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

schua2007

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
So, the bike is back following low siding at Brands a month ago. Thankfully the finger has sufficient movement and strength after breaking it to enable me to ride again.

If honest, I can't believe how much I've missed not having the bike. Even seeing an empty garage felt wrong, so I treated the bike to some upgrades as well and happiness at home is restored.

Just need the weather to improve now.......

bad61722d976d0e4220739d3e3ae4a73.jpg

Sent from my XQ-AD51 using Tapatalk

Hi Alex,

I've replaced the standard exhaust with the BMW slip on Akra. Also gone for the M rearsets as both exhaust/right footrest damaged from low side. Also tank grips added following advice from the site.

A few other replacements which were already added previous - M Sport axle protectors/Gilles crash protection.

Had to also replace windscreen (BMW High), right bar and lever protector, both mirrors, right brake lever,master cylinder, right side lower fairing and pillion cover - the bike rotated on the nose at the end of the slide - oh well!

A nice bill to remind me of the value in not low siding [emoji846]

Christ, so basically everything in the picture! [emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Pleased for you that you have your bike back in good condition. Start to enjoy it again buddy :)

Hi Fraggle,

Next time I ride, I'll record start up and apply revs. From what I've noticed so far not a dramatic change from standard as just the slip on. Looks nice though

Hey Schua...glad to see its in full recovery mode...interested to hear the exhaust note too for comparison....

Last edited:
Back