2022 s1000rr?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Porridgewog

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
I'm on my second S1000RR my first being a 2010 when they first released it and my second a couple of years later however now it's time to treat myself to a new one.

I've done a reasonable amount of miles and been round Europe a couple of times and having test ridden a new M-sport. I'm quite keen to continue my obsession with the S1000RR especially now that it has cruise control (although I'll be changing that rock solid M seat to a standard one)

The only thing keeping me back is timing. I'm happy enough to stay on my 2012 model for this year pending hearing of any changes/revisions to the 2022 model. Has anyone heard any rumours? If it was just a colour change then there's not really any point in waiting.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Usually we find out about any changes at the EICMA event in October.
I've seen nothing yet, though based on previous years there's usually a tweak after 2 years, however with Covid, all bets are off.

2022 S1000RR Update

publicq

Thanks Ryan

BMW S 1000 RR.

New Style Passion with Mineral grey metallic.
M Chassis kit new as standard. Includes swinging pivot point, rear lift.
optional equipment Dynamic package with new content: Riding Modes Pro, DDC, cruise control, heated grips.
Race package with M Endurance chain + sports silencer or M Titanium exhaust system.
M packege with M Sports seat, M Light weight battery, M GPS laptrigger, M Carbon wheels or M Forged wheels; tank lid new in black colour.
Billet pack with new content: M Brake lever/M clutch lever foldable, M Footrest system le/ri, M Brake lever guard ri. Engine protector and clutch lever guard are dropped (=>lower price).
Sports package is dropped.
All packages are combinable.
The two M wheel variants can be ordered as single option for each colour.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

2022 S1000RR Update

BLUF: No significant revisions apart from a colour change and different package options.

I love the fact that the caliper bolts are only lightly screwed in.

2021-BMW-M-1000-RR-First-look-superbike-racing-motorcycle-5.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-07-02 at 9.37.51 am.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-07-02 at 9.37.51 am.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:
Not overly keen on the decals, very bland on a bland colour imo ...

Don't know why, instantly though Triumph lol

Last edited:
Not overly keen on the decals, very bland on a bland colour imo ...

Don't know why, instantly though Triumph lol
Yeah they ruin it for me.

They could lean into the M Blue of the billet kit on an option.

Are they dropping silver for this? Or will there actually be more options than 2 for once!?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I love the fact that the caliper bolts are only lightly screwed in.

Haha ah that made me laugh when i saw that pic.

I don't mind the colour but BMW's use of decals does make the bike feel a bit cheap. Are they still going to offer a base bike without DDC?

I can't image we will see significant update on the for another 2 years maybe.

Yep, BMW's use of decals without any clear coat on top plus the usual horrible quality fasteners do make them look cheap.

A Chinese bodywork kit does solve that for ?400 with a custom paint though.

Last edited:
Yep, BMW's use of decals without any clear coat on top plus the usual horrible quality fasteners do make them look cheap.

A Chinese bodywork kit does solve that for ?400 with a custom paint though.

Considering it is meant to be premium and clear coating over the decals would make it feel a bit more finished.

Glad they are still offering the base. Now when are they just going to offer a base bike as a track only package :)

2022 S1000RR Update

Considering it is meant to be premium and clear coating over the decals would make it feel a bit more finished.

That said I?m not terribly fussed. It?s cheaper to replace a decal (although BMW?s prices are pretty staggering!) if scratched then having to purchase a complete replacement panel.

Glad they are still offering the base. Now when are they just going to offer a base bike as a track only package :)

It appears that there will just be one model S1000RR next year and you just order it with whatever package/options to suit your budget and needs. As for a track only package, BMW have recently outsourced that with a partnership with alpha Racing to build STK specification bikes for customers for race and trackday use (see weblink below).

https://racebike.alpharacing.com/

Back