Newbie to S1K- land

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fyshdawg

Reaction score
Evening all, took the plunge in Feb '21 and bought a Gen 4 M sport after an R1m Masterclass last October at Silverstone. Haven't ridden a sports bike since 1994, they've come a long way! I now cannot get enough of this beast! Finally had first knee down day last week at Silverstone GP and my grin has lasted much longer than my rear tyre :nevreness:

Going to enjoy the rest of the trackday season then get her ready for 2022 by tracking the bike, i just don't really want to ride this bike on the road having started track riding.

Hope to be able to chip in to the forum eventually but suspect short term i'll have a million questions and not many answers.

Cheers

Fysh

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your Gen 4 RR!

Really glad to hear you?re throughly enjoying your RR [emoji41]

There?s a wonderful community on here and loads of information, so any questions just ask away [emoji846]

Thanks Oli, i'm gonna have a sift thru the old topics first to save being an annoying git :)

Welcome. Have fun exploring the gen 4 section. Search button be ur new friend.

Well the plan has already changed, track conversion is underway next week. Anyone want to buy a kidney?

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Best of luck with that one....what mods have you got planned? Fairings? Tyres? Dont forget ur lever guards.

Best of luck with that one....what mods have you got planned? Fairings? Tyres? Dont forget ur lever guards.

Got a bit carried away to be honest! :congratulatory: Full race fairing & tank cover with TT screen, new Crowe yoke and clip ons, Domino race throttle, Multibutton switchgear left and right, new Alpha levers to allow greater travel, ignition switch removed, Keyless Tank cap, full Arrow straight thru system, Alpha rear sets and changed both sprockets to lower gearing, Alpha carbon frame and swing arm protectors, tsubaki pro race chain (longer than original to allow wheelbase to be extended), R & G rad guard and Alpha Lever guard.

Wont even recognise the old girl soon!

Next day out is Silverstone GP Masterclass 19th August so will stick with Racetec's or Super Corsa's til i get the suspension set up perfectly then might make the jump to slicks & warmers soon after that. Too bloody expensive these road tyres on track........

Was yours the build (yoke) that Crowey posted on FB? If so it looked very nice, could you let me know the ball park to go keyless with a Crow yoke/clipons?

fame at last :friendly_wink:, yeah that was mine - just shy of ?550 for that trio (including lockstops) as part of the entire build but he assures me it'll be worth it. I have little doubt he knows his stuff after spending an hour with him explaining the logic on all his suggestions. I'm so new to track riding that i have no idea of the issues he's already identified and rectified many many times......

Yeah he knows his onions.
Good to get a base package put together there. You know you have only to work on the rider afterwards

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Yeah he knows his onions.
Good to get a base package put together there. You know you have only to work on the rider afterwards

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Welcome home my little grey weapon [emoji16]
2be27558ce944cf1c090d6413012ebce.jpg
ab33f4243425a855eb34e4a913c74fcb.jpg

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Back