New Gen4

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm busy all day Allan, give me a shout tho next time you want to get out.. I can nick a day off if I know in advance...

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Yes Oban today...so what do I think of the bike... tell you what it has an absolute belter of a motor, the power is on tap and @ 4k there's a noticeable change in the induction side with this huge rush of air right down the throat of those stacks into the throttle bodies, I never had plugs in and it was a pleasure listening to it, my ZX had an awesome growl off it when you cracked open the throttle which I missed...

I hit the Dalmally section and got caught up with two guys on sports bikes, blasted past them, kept the bike mainly in 3-5 and just squeezed the trigger through each corner, it's lightning quick. I felt the front end getting away from me at times but that's just a combination of not really knowing the bike, tyre pressures and getting the front end set up to my liking.... I did feel a lack of feedback but I'm sure the above will improve this.

The gearbox/blipper is slick and took any combination of changes I made in its stride, neutral is still a pain to find. The front brakes I thought were excellent. Had the limiter kick in plenty of times, derestricted it will be an awesome tool.

All in all I definitely made a great choice...very happy...but that seat..Jesus Christ !.. need to see who'll redo it for me..

Rounded off with a shellfish feast !.. Great day..

e3c8c1558d93d93074de2de6e8f4bf1b.jpg

Last edited:
Congrats on the new bike dude, she looks great! Regarding the bobbins i used my old R&G ones from my Gen 3 :)

Welcome to the club Stu. It?s an awesome weapon mate. It?s taken a while to adjust after 2 gen 3?s but by christ once you do. Omg what smile it creates

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's mental quick Skel... very surprised at how quickly I can bang her up through the gears...looking for a full system now, it really needs it.

Yes Oban today...so what do I think of the bike... tell you what it has an absolute belter of a motor, the power is on tap and @ 4k there's a noticeable change in the induction side with this huge rush of air right down the throat of those stacks into the throttle bodies, I never had plugs in and it was a pleasure listening to it, my ZX had an awesome growl off it when you cracked open the throttle which I missed...

I hit the Dalmally section and got caught up with two guys on sports bikes, blasted past them, kept the bike mainly in 3-5 and just squeezed the trigger through each corner, it's lightning quick. I felt the front end getting away from me at times but that's just a combination of not really knowing the bike, tyre pressures and getting the front end set up to my liking.... I did feel a lack of feedback but I'm sure the above will improve this.

The gearbox/blipper is slick and took any combination of changes I made in its stride, neutral is still a pain to find. The front brakes I thought were excellent. Had the limiter kick in plenty of times, derestricted it will be an awesome tool.

All in all I definitely made a great choice...very happy...but that seat..Jesus Christ !.. need to see who'll redo it for me..

Rounded off with a shellfish feast !.. Great day..

e3c8c1558d93d93074de2de6e8f4bf1b.jpg

Hi Stuart,
Glad you?re making the most of the good weather. Have you got the run-in miles clocked in for de-restriction?

The bike looks great, apart from the cat. Full system sounds like a good idea. Mine came with Akra Ti but I?d go for stainless if buying myself.

Looks like an nice plate of Oban seafood there ?
Cheers Rob

How's it going Rob.. The weather turned over the weekend, so no miles since last week..I've around 300 to go.. think I'll organise week after next for the 1st service. It rained here today for around 45 minutes like I've never seen..think USA or South East Asia, it totally hammered down and caused all sorts of problems...glad I never went a blast and got caught in it...

Yea the system isn't at all pretty and sounds really muted which is the target for the manufacturers of course [emoji849]...

Ti headers are 1st choice, Stainless discolour or can quite badly, even with that carbuncle removed the system is really visible from the side, if I stuck Stainless on it would probably annoy me... but VFM Stainless is best value..

Might be worth talking to a main dealer regarding the exhausts. The Oxford BMW dealer i bought my bike from they offered me a full Akrapovic Ti for ?1500. Apparently they have a bit of a glut with full Ti systems. A full Stainless would cost similar. I can put you in contact with them if you're interested?

Sounds decent..I'm not sure what I'm doing yet, I'll give you a shout if I'm going down that route..

Cheers

Back