S1000RR 2011 track setup geometry

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dejan

Reaction score
Hi guys

I'm having hard time finding good setup for my s1000rr 2011. I am having problems accelarating off the corners, i always rund wide on exits, and its very hard to flip bike from one to other side, also very low on grip. Before my last race i was riding 9.5 springs in front and i was bottoming now changed to 10N. Bottoming is gone is a bit better for flipping but worse on corner exits and rear grip. My track time is very limited so i cant test very mouch so i want to have few possibilities to try next time out.
Current setup

Forks have mupo cartridge - springs 10N
Rear mupo race shock - spring (95N) curently shock is on rebouild becouse of to little adjustability window rebound to fast compression to soft. (i hope this was the couse my problems with grip and wide out of turns)
Rear shock mount bolt on low position
swingarm lenght 605mm
shock lenght 312 mm
forks looking 2mm overtop yoke
alpha racing swingarm inserts -4+1
swingarm angle aproxx - 13.3 degree mesured with phone
triple clamps are from 2013 model 29.5 offset.

i will be glad if someone can share theirs base setup. Dont need clicks count, becouse this is very variabile, i am more looking for geometry.

Thanks in advance

Forks have Ohlins cartridge - springs 10.5N
Rear Ohlins shock - spring (95N)
Rear shock mount bolt on high position
shock lenght 312 mm
forks looking 3 lines overtop yoke
triple clamps RBE aftermarket 27.5 offset (huge different compared to stock.

Forks have Ohlins cartridge - springs 10.5N
Rear Ohlins shock - spring (95N)
Rear shock mount bolt on high position
shock lenght 312 mm
forks looking 3 lines overtop yoke
triple clamps RBE aftermarket 27.5 offset (huge different compared to stock.

in which way does it perform better with aftermarket clamps?
Have you tired shock mount bolt on low position also?

I will be giving this a go tomorrow and will let you know my thoughts. Bike is British Super stock spec with a few additional mods

REAR:
Spring10
Shock Length 310
Spring10
Preload 10 on
Compression10 out
Rebound12
Swingarm L/Gearing/Tyre608 at 15-43 gearing rear tyre diameter 2099 vs 1923 Metzeler TD 200/55
FRONT:
Spring10.5
Fork Positionflush
Preload 9
Compression12
Rebound12
Oil level inc. tube143
Notes28mm offset forsaken triple clamps
NotesAlpha Racing 4mm fwd plus 1mm up pivot point from std

I have offset yokes on all my bikes. Still to fit on the Gen 3 S1000RR. I love reduced offset ie more trail. You probably know about this already but just in case. To show how extreme you can go, I've gone from 36mm offset to 25mm offset on my Ducati 1098. Just like the old 916 to 999 bikes. Manufactures tend to make there bikes with a large offset ie less trail because the magazine writers will go wow it's quick steering. ;)

Essentially reducing the offset ie distance between the centre of the headstock and the centre of the forks 'INCREASES' Trail. It's counter intuitive making something closer at the top but making it further away at the bottom.

Reducing trail gives you far more feel on front end but as everything is a compromise you need to counter steer more as initiating the turn in will take more effort and you'll have more front tyre wear.

Also reducing the trail is altering your centre of gravity by putting more weight on the front end which may not be good for your rear grip problems.

You don't mention what settings you have for DTC and your swinging arm length sounds like your running a 118 link chain. You should get your wheel back further ie at least a 120 link chain to increase grip.

Once you've got your bike sorted don't forget the top riders now don't open the throttle from mid apex, they try to sit the bike up as soon as possible. Watch Johnny Rae and Marc Marquez. Great exponents of that way of riding.

Pic below of the new Fireblade for example.

Chassis.jpg

Last edited:
Saturday i was riding again. Now with rebuild/revalve shock. From dyno sheet i can see shock is now more close to ohlins damping. Slower rebound and compression. I have decrease shock length by 2mm, i setup sag front 35mm, back 25mm for start. Fork 3mm over top clamp.

Saddly wind was blowing like hell, also downpipes has cracked on weld so in all day i have managed to do 20 laps.

I can say a lot better on corner exit and holding the line (i guess due to rebuildet shock). Transition speed side to side this is something which i cant say is it better or not because on one side bike go quickly and on the other slow and hard but i think this was wind foult wich was blowing cca 50 kph. It was also very hot, so not ideal for quick laps. Next time out i will play again with rear end lifting again and forks flush with top clamp to have a little taller bike. I will se what this will do for side to side transitions this is now the one thing i would like to have better.

I also missing the filling of front like honda sc59 had. With s1000rr i cant say what front is doing.

From what i can understand less offset will give more feel? But will also give slower turning?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saturday i was riding again. Now with rebuild/revalve shock. From dyno sheet i can see shock is now more close to ohlins damping. Slower rebound and compression. I have decrease shock length by 2mm, i setup sag front 35mm, back 25mm for start. Fork 3mm over top clamp.

Saddly wind was blowing like hell, also downpipes has cracked on weld so in all day i have managed to do 20 laps.

I can say a lot better on corner exit and holding the line (i guess due to rebuildet shock). Transition speed side to side this is something which i cant say is it better or not because on one side bike go quickly and on the other slow and hard but i think this was wind foult wich was blowing cca 50 kph. It was also very hot, so not ideal for quick laps. Next time out i will play again with rear end lifting again and forks flush with top clamp to have a little taller bike. I will se what this will do for side to side transitions this is now the one thing i would like to have better.

I also missing the filling of front like honda sc59 had. With s1000rr i cant say what front is doing.

From what i can understand less offset will give more feel? But will also give slower turning?

Less offset will give you more front end feeling but the steering won't be slower just it will need more effort, ie need more counter-steering.

Less offset will give you more front end feeling but the steering won't be slower just it will need more effort, ie need more counter-steering.

Thanx. I hope i will upgrade triples this year to try out, like allways money is problem:)

Back