Alternative Quick shifter

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MvdM's HM Shifter, not my picture sorry it's out of focus, but...note the position of the line on the selector clasp.
Screenshot 2021-09-28 at 12.51.12.jpg

Though they would be using;

Screenshot 2021-09-28 at 12.54.16.png

Last edited:
Based on the picture below, I think the most important thing is for the bottom edge to be horizontal. The force up and down is then purely vertical.
i.e. on this picture I'd want the lever rotated one-two teeth clockwise.

distance_bush_gear_lever_12162.jpg

Based on the picture below, I think the most important thing is for the bottom edge to be horizontal. The force up and down is then purely vertical.
i.e. on this picture I'd want the lever rotated one-two teeth clockwise.

distance_bush_gear_lever_12162.jpg
Well thats what your all saying and I do agree BUT ive theres a standard road trim gen 4 hear and its exactly the same as my picture. I've set it all back as seen to see how that works
I even had to move it back on spline for the standard one to work properly.

Well thats what your all saying and I do agree BUT ive theres a standard road trim gen 4 hear and its exactly the same as my picture. I've set it all back as seen to see how that works
I even had to move it back on spline for the standard one to work properly.

Hope you can get on with riding now!

Quickshifter

You may want to try recalibrating the quickshifter / shift assist. It?s also worth checking the cable routing to make sure you haven?t pinched a wire.

Just to add. When I say it doesn't work, thats exactly what i mean.
On the stands its sweat as a nut. But even down pit lane will not shift into gear at all, either way. Its rock solid unless I use clutch.

Just to add. When I say it doesn't work, thats exactly what i mean.
On the stands its sweat as a nut. But even down pit lane will not shift into gear at all, either way. Its rock solid unless I use clutch.

Will always give a false reading on the stands, no load on the box. As mentioned, best speak with HM before you damage the box ....

Was the gear indicator flashing as you rode?
If so, and if its like the Gen3, you need 10 seconds in each gear clutching shifts until the gear stops flashing.

Flashing gear -> 10 secs in that gear -> Stops flashing. Clutch to next gear. Repeat

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Was the gear indicator flashing as you rode?
If so, and if its like the Gen3, you need 10 seconds in each gear clutching shifts until the gear stops flashing.

Flashing gear -> 10 secs in that gear -> Stops flashing. Clutch to next gear. Repeat

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Dont think that happens on the 4

Sorry if that offends anyone, but I do not understand people who buys HM shifters.

There is Lohmann, it works excellent out of the box, it doesn't have stupid display, it doesn't have stupid solenoids that fail, it just WORKS.

Sorry if that offends anyone, but I do not understand people who buys HM shifters.

There is Lohmann, it works excellent out of the box, it doesn't have stupid display, it doesn't have stupid solenoids that fail, it just WORKS.

I'd love to know why the WSBK/EWC guys are using the HM and not the Lohmann anymore.

Well I've still not managed to get it working. It will not enter set up mode know matter what I try. It also appears that untill that happend its not on and working.
There is a footnote in the instructions that says it will have to learn the gear ratios via the ecu. So not as plug and play as it states as it says to get a dealer to assist you.
Im not prepared to take it somewhere and get it sorted if its faulty.
Ive asked for my money back awaiting responce.

Have you cleared the quickshifter adaptations using a GS911 and followed the recalibration process (10 seconds+ in each gear up and down on your pit stand)? I assume that's what HM are expecting the dealer to do in their footnote but you can easily do it yourself. I wouldn't expect a new sensor to work if you don't go through this process.

No I haven?t got a gs911.
I give that a go this evening.
I also get a couple of codes that aren't listed in the instructions when trying to get into set up mode.

Back