Alternative Quick shifter

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Alternative Quick Shifter

Got the HM fitted today. I've tucked all the spare cable behind this cover rather than routing it through subframe. Can't see that would cause any problems as theres already cables and connectors there.

Off to Donnington Tuesday and Snetterton Wednesday for a try out.

Last edited:
Maybe worth considering adjusting the pivot point to 90 degrees(?).
Am looking forward to hear what you think in due course [emoji41]

Got the HM fitted today. I've tucked all the spare cable behind this cover rather than routing it through subframe. Can't see that would cause any problems as theres already cables and connectors there.

Off to Donnington Tuesday and Snetterton Wednesday for a try out.

supposed to be like that

image.png

Are the threads not adjustable top and bottom?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Not to that extent I don't think. I could probably reduce the distance half way for now.
The shifter did come with an extra thread bar about 30mm long but would mean a join with a nut. Which from previous experience tend to come loose, even with threadlock.

Last edited:
Probably worth the 50%.
Its lever effort so where you can improve the leverage it helps you. But at the end of the day if its working as is and the pressure needed for up and down shifts is even then that'll do.

Probably worth the 50%.
Its lever effort so where you can improve the leverage it helps you. But at the end of the day if its working as is and the pressure needed for up and down shifts is even then that'll do.

Anything that is done to a race bike is done for a reason.

I'm yet to see a race bike where QS is mounted like that.

Anything that is done to a race bike is done for a reason.

I'm yet to see a race bike where QS is mounted like that.
Yes....but if he doesn't have the adjustment he doesn't have it so just ******* quit it

It will get sorted.
I bought a rod close to match the oem length. So ill get another 20mm longer, no biggy. I'm guessing I must have moved it on the spline to get the right foot position for the lever instead of just lengthening the oem shifter. Whether the oem would adjust that much I dunno. Suppose it must as others have fitted reaersets ok.

Last edited:
It will get sorted.
I bought a rod close to match the oem length. So ill get another 20mm longer, no biggy. I'm guessing I must have moved it on the spline to get the right foot position for the lever instead of just lengthening the oem shifter. Whether the oem would adjust that much I dunno. Suppose it must as others have fitted reaersets ok.

I have the same shifter on my bike you should of got a few more nuts, should be able to make up some length on the bottom of the sensor.

No joy :confused:
I got it a bit straighter and worked on the stand but wouldn't work on track.
I've tried altering the sensitivity but no luck. It flickers up and down randomly but will not set on anything other than the 50%. Instructions don't tell you to do anything other than switch on and press on the lever to alter. But nothing on how it actually sets to the new figure.
Any ideas ?
I've put the standard back on and that seems to be playing up now :hopelessness:

Back