Alternative Quick shifter

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know the translogic inteli shift one i had ruined the gearbox on my zx10r. ?1500 repair bill :miserable:
Tbh I'm leaning towards the Alpha as I don't really need any adjustments if its slick enough from the box.
Had my translologic on my 10 now for coming up to 4 years, touch wood no gear box issues as yet. mind you i did have it shimmed no sooner it was converted to track bike.

Had my translologic on my 10 now for coming up to 4 years, touch wood no gear box issues as yet. mind you i did have it shimmed no sooner it was converted to track bike.

Yeah Bournemouth kawasaki said shimming it would help in future. I literally had it rebuilt there then took it straight to trade in. Think 3rd and 4th were gone but they insisted on doing the whole job despite what I wanted.

Re: Alternative Quickshifter

Less prone to failure in extremely hot track conditions according to HM. Both the BMW Factory WSBK and EWC race bikes have been using them all season.

What else can they say. HM quickshifter failed on member of this forum - Borian at Mugello last year during extremely hot track conditions. Top solenoid deatched without anyway to repair it. Outright replacement.

I wonder if WSBK guys use same retail version as us mortals.

I suspect they choose HM because at least it can be adjusted.

Im sure it must be a heat problem I have with the standard one. Late in the day its always hard to downshift to 2nd. Was at Oulton last week and caught me out twicw at Brittens.

Re: Alternative Quick Shifter

Bought the hm one from fortis racing. It doesn't come with any linkage rod ? It cant connect to the standard as for as i can tell as it wont reach.

Re: Alternative Quick Shifter

Yep, in the blurb on the site they say you need to by the correct length rod depending on which rearsets your using and how far up, back etc they are.

Back