weight of standard wheels?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Northernsoul65

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
I'm looking to but spare wheels and need to arrange a courier to collect. Does anyone know the combined weight of stock front and rear wheels? Currently googling but haven't come up with anything as yet!
thanks

I'll get you it tomorrow mate, I'm mailing two bare rims to a geezer down South..

It will be including the box and some cushioning tho..

If your buying complete yours will be considerably heavier with the rings, discs and maybe carrier

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I'll get you it tomorrow mate, I'm mailing two bare rims to a geezer down South..

It will be including the box and some cushioning tho..

If your buying complete yours will be considerably heavier with the rings, discs and maybe carrier

thanks Stuart.
I'm now wondering whether to get some forged wheels and keep my stock as the second set for wets.
But, be good to know what yours weighs on postage, thanks

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I'm looking to but spare wheels and need to arrange a courier to collect. Does anyone know the combined weight of stock front and rear wheels? Currently googling but haven't come up with anything as yet!
thanks

is it with tyres also as this wil add a chunk of weight to the parcel.

if you do it through parcel force,do 1 wheel,then add the other as another consignment and costs very little to add it regardless of weight (i found out this last yr posting 2 seperate parcels to the same address,at the same time)

thanks Stuart.
I'm now wondering whether to get some forged wheels and keep my stock as the second set for wets.
But, be good to know what yours weighs on postage, thanks

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
11.3kg including the box and assorted contents John, mind that's for a pair of rims, no discs, rings, carrier etc.

Last edited:
is it with tyres also as this wil add a chunk of weight to the parcel.

if you do it through parcel force,do 1 wheel,then add the other as another consignment and costs very little to add it regardless of weight (i found out this last yr posting 2 seperate parcels to the same address,at the same time)
That's interesting.. my postage costs were 27 quid.. the PO I use has a daft wee lassie working in it, she mumbles her way through your transaction via her yashmak, think these people are programmed never to smile too... so how does that work Scooby ?

this was with paecel force,booking online.

i was sending various parts out to 1 guy,but was large heavy items (approx 15kg each).i tried to send as 1 box but to heavy,think 20kg is max,so split it down into 2,put in quote for 1st box then added the other box (it asked for any other parcels) and price either didn't change or was next to nothing (couple of quid).
i assumed i'd done something wrong,so went through the whole booking again, and the same price came up,so, me being me assumed there was a glitch and rang customer service,she put in all the details for me and same result,didn't question it any further ;). as long as same address doesn't cost much more for multiple parcels it would seem.

Adding a second parcel or a third !.. never changed it a penny.. wtf

Good shout there my man !
7d66692a24d393df400277824407fd4f.jpg
1fbf81371038c439947ce09f1306df5d.jpg

Im talking shite, I refreshed the page, it doesn't do it automatically... lol.

Second one was 11 quid... so even splitting it would have been the same money but that's good to know in future Scoob...

Wheels

I would expect it to heavier than 20Kg. If it helps I shipped a pair of BST carbon fibre wheels (with tyres, discs and sprocket carrier all fitted) last year and the parcel was just under 30Kg. You may have to use separate consignments but check the weight limit with the carrier you are using first. 30Kg is the maximum weight for a single parcel if using Parcelforce. Cost was around ?50-60. I also had to have the parcel collected as the local Parcelforce drop-off point would not accept the consignment as it was too heavy. Do check as whilst the courier will likely be able to ship the parcel you may be constrained if the package exceeds the limits of the drop-off location.

Back