Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Big Hugh

Riding
    HP 4, M Sport

Big Hugh

So sitting counting my mi££ions after selling my MV today and everything else (pair of Gen 3 Rims, Damper and Pegs)... in pops a text from none other than big HUGE ..

It was great to hear from him.. so he's sold his beemer and is running around on this Leccy Harley.. !.. of course questions had to be asked... what's it like on corners...shite.. we'll it does weigh as much as my 2.5 tonne Toureg......

He said he'll be back online soon, and of course was told to get his act together and buy another beemer soon.... he was asking for all the lads !..

S

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk
    Last edited by stuartb; 19th June 2021 at 11:10 PM.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to stuartb For This Useful Post:

Riding
    2017 S1000RR Grey

Re: Big Hugh

Nice one, lovely chap, hope that housing project has been working out in the interim

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

4. The Following User Says Thank You to alex For This Useful Post:

Riding
    HP 4, M Sport

Yea, he said the business struggled but now back on track... so all good..

Don't fancy that Harley...

6. The Following User Says Thank You to stuartb For This Useful Post:

Is that a electric Harley? I generally don't like them but the electronic one is pretty cool.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to P0u1 For This Useful Post:

Riding
    HP 4, M Sport

It is ... we'll not be able to buy "normal bikes" in 20 years time, can you imagine the scene... they'll have to sell leccy bikes with engine noise generators to remind us and pedestrians of our imminent arrival...thankfully I'll be dead or too fucked up to ride a bike then

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stuartb For This Useful Post:

Hey Stu. Thanks for the shout out. I'm still not back on an RR, but hoping I can scrabble the bucks together for a Gen4 later this year.

Would just like to state for the record that I'm not now a Harley convert: A mate in Brighton is organising the London to Brighton EV rally and I'm helping him with the bikes, so I've been testing them in the name of quality motorcycle journalism

I'll post on here soon about the 1,000 mile tour I did in the west country when I get a mo. For now, 2 things about the Livewire are insane:

Acceleration: 0-60 time and instant massive torque will show an RR a clean pair of heels. I couldn't believe it.
    Range: Brochure says +100 miles, but that's if you ride like grandma. Thrashing range is 60 miles. Jeez.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Huge For This Useful Post:

Riding
    2020 M-Package

Great to have you back on the forum @Huge !

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Oli For This Useful Post:

Nice to hear from you huge!

2 YEAR PREMIER MEMBER Flyingscotsman's Avatar
    Riding
    S1k 2013 Black

Quote Originally Posted by Huge View Post
    Hey Stu. Thanks for the shout out. I'm still not back on an RR, but hoping I can scrabble the bucks together for a Gen4 later this year.

Would just like to state for the record that I'm not now a Harley convert: A mate in Brighton is organising the London to Brighton EV rally and I'm helping him with the bikes, so I've been testing them in the name of quality motorcycle journalism

I'll post on here soon about the 1,000 mile tour I did in the west country when I get a mo. For now, 2 things about the Livewire are insane:

Acceleration: 0-60 time and instant massive torque will show an RR a clean pair of heels. I couldn't believe it.
    Range: Brochure says +100 miles, but that's if you ride like grandma. Thrashing range is 60 miles. Jeez.
    Great to hear from you Hugh! Electric bikes are the future but they do need to sort out the range problem and availability of charging points. Can see it working for commuting and on track with current gen range.

2 YEAR PREMIER MEMBER Flyingscotsman's Avatar
    Riding
    S1k 2013 Black

Quote Originally Posted by stuartb View Post
    It is ... we'll not be able to buy "normal bikes" in 20 years time, can you imagine the scene... they'll have to sell leccy bikes with engine noise generators to remind us and pedestrians of our imminent arrival...thankfully I'll be dead or too fucked up to ride a bike then

I think I'll be one of those buying a new petrol bike the last year before electric becomes compulsory for new sales.