Big Hugh

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stuartb

Reaction score
So sitting counting my mi??ions after selling my MV today and everything else (pair of Gen 3 Rims, Damper and Pegs)... in pops a text from none other than big HUGE ..

It was great to hear from him.. so he's sold his beemer and is running around on this Leccy Harley[emoji848].. !.. of course questions had to be asked... what's it like on corners...shite.. we'll it does weigh as much as my 2.5 tonne Toureg......

He said he'll be back online soon, and of course was told to get his act together and buy another beemer soon.... he was asking for all the lads !..

S

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk
9b1fe6271c96dee5f5debdb263444161.jpg

Last edited:
Nice one, lovely chap, hope that housing project has been working out in the interim

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Yea, he said the business struggled but now back on track... so all good..

Don't fancy that Harley...

Is that a electric Harley? I generally don't like them but the electronic one is pretty cool.

It is ... we'll not be able to buy "normal bikes" in 20 years time, can you imagine the scene... they'll have to sell leccy bikes with engine noise generators to remind us and pedestrians of our imminent arrival...thankfully I'll be dead or too fucked up to ride a bike then [emoji848][emoji1787]

Hey Stu. Thanks for the shout out. I'm still not back on an RR, but hoping I can scrabble the bucks together for a Gen4 later this year.

Would just like to state for the record that I'm not now a Harley convert: A mate in Brighton is organising the London to Brighton EV rally and I'm helping him with the bikes, so I've been testing them in the name of quality motorcycle journalism :suspicion:

I'll post on here soon about the 1,000 mile tour I did in the west country when I get a mo. For now, 2 things about the Livewire are insane:

Acceleration: 0-60 time and instant massive torque will show an RR a clean pair of heels. I couldn't believe it.
Range: Brochure says +100 miles, but that's if you ride like grandma. Thrashing range is 60 miles. Jeez.

Hey Stu. Thanks for the shout out. I'm still not back on an RR, but hoping I can scrabble the bucks together for a Gen4 later this year.

Would just like to state for the record that I'm not now a Harley convert: A mate in Brighton is organising the London to Brighton EV rally and I'm helping him with the bikes, so I've been testing them in the name of quality motorcycle journalism :suspicion:

I'll post on here soon about the 1,000 mile tour I did in the west country when I get a mo. For now, 2 things about the Livewire are insane:

Acceleration: 0-60 time and instant massive torque will show an RR a clean pair of heels. I couldn't believe it.
Range: Brochure says +100 miles, but that's if you ride like grandma. Thrashing range is 60 miles. Jeez.

Great to hear from you Hugh! Electric bikes are the future but they do need to sort out the range problem and availability of charging points. Can see it working for commuting and on track with current gen range.

It is ... we'll not be able to buy "normal bikes" in 20 years time, can you imagine the scene... they'll have to sell leccy bikes with engine noise generators to remind us and pedestrians of our imminent arrival...thankfully I'll be dead or too fucked up to ride a bike then [emoji848][emoji1787]

I think I'll be one of those buying a new petrol bike the last year before electric becomes compulsory for new sales.

Good to see you back on the forum Hugh.
Hope your plans for a gen 4 work out soon.

As for electric, I'm not sold. I love engines and how they work, too much to go electric. In fact I've just put a deposit down on a v8 Merc, family car, as by the time the boring car is changed again in a few years, I think options for big engines will be minimal.

Back