Splitting the Gold Brembos on the Gen 1-3

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alex

Forum Moderator
Admin
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if there is a seal between the 2 halves which needs replacing if I get the caliper split for cleaning?

Also are the bolts single use/stretch? Want to get a full refurb before Mugello (if it happens).

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

My thoughts are a seal, but not 100% certain, same uncertainty with bolts, though I'd say more than likely reusable..

Have you looked at any repair kits ?

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Only repair kits I have found are for the piston seal kits

The 4 pad calipers are a bugger to work on, but you can remove the pistons out the pots whilst the calipers on the bench, just a bit fidly..so no need to split

Last edited:
The 4 pad calipers are a bugger to work on, but you can remove the pistons out the pots whilst the calipers on the bench, just a bit fidly..so no need to split

Yeah I wanted to get the whole calipers ultrasonic cleaned. No biggy, not desperate, I just know HM split them previously when the DLC pistons were fitted.

I'd just pop the pistons out, use an inspection mirror on the the pots, if those and the pistons are unmarked, I'd give them a thorough clean in solvent and rebuild them with fresh seals.. the mounting lube Brembo supply is the best I've ever used...

"Brembo mounting lube".. fnaar...

Can anyone tell me if there is a seal between the 2 halves which needs replacing if I get the caliper split for cleaning?

Also are the bolts single use/stretch? Want to get a full refurb before Mugello (if it happens).

There is a tiny rubber seal between the two halves, I reused it. Also reused pistons, piston seals etc.
And I gave the three bolts locktite.

Think I have a picture of them split if you want to see before splitting yourself?

There is a tiny rubber seal between the two halves, I reused it. Also reused pistons, piston seals etc.
And I gave the three bolts locktite.

Think I have a picture of them split if you want to see before splitting yourself?
Would be great to see thanks.

Back