G'day! New RR owner in Surrey

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jebjeb

Reaction score
G'day guys. I'm an Aussie who has been living here in the UK for over 20 years.

My bike journey has gone a bit backwards (in a good way!). Started with dirt bikes in Australia and then a bit of a gap before having a G650 Xmoto for commuting over here. Had an Ariel Atom (which is basically a bike!) and then went full grandpa in my early 30's with a R1200 GS. I wanted an XR but they had only just been announced and I got impatient. Grabbed an XR after a couple of years on the GS.

The XR was an awesome bike. I did the first 3 levels of California Superbike school on it. That moved on last year and I was just hiring bikes for proper Trackdays. Mostly Yamaha R6's which are just too small for me. Was at Donington a couple of weeks ago on a new RR which was awesome. Then made a snap decision to look for a RR as I had been thinking I would just go for a R with the lower pegs and wider bars but the RR had taken me in.

Managed to find a leggy RR at a BMW dealer for a finance price I couldn't turn down.

2017 Sport
Full Akra system
Granite grey.

I'm assuming it has had plenty of time on track but it appears to be in great condition and with a 2 year BMW warranty, I'm not worried.

So here's to some fun! Got an evening on track at Brands Indy on Monday. Let's hope it's not a monsoon...

Welcome, sorry missed the post yesterday.
Granite Grey's for the win :) How leggy is leggy, mine just passed 10k and even though that's ~2500/y it is a major psychological milestone for buyers.

Enjoy the track evening. Good way to get acclimatised. What did you make of CSS do you intend to do level 4?

Hey Alex!

Leggy is pretty damn leggy. 24k miles. But it is in great condition, dealer did big service and it has a BMW warranty for 2 years. Finance deal was nuts and too cheap to turn down (?79 a month!).

I generally go for the lowest cost finance deal I can squeeze them on and just give the bike back at the end of things.

CSS was very good. Not cheap but a great way to get into track work and learn a lot for the road. Now I have a proper track weapon, I may do my level 4 with them to focus on a few things.

Have a look at individual training with Nemomoto, Mike Spike Edwards, Dean Ellison, Motovudu, Notsofast to name a few.

Many will tell you that real jumps in riding ability come from 121 tuition.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Cheers. I definitely know the bike is 100 times quicker than my ability and I?m a big believe in tuition. I generally get 1 session a track day with an instructor which is helpful for lines etc but am probably due a proper day of tuition.

I will have a look in to your suggestions. Are these guys here in the forums?

They aren't officially on here. I have not gone looking for accounts in their name.

I did a half day with Simon Crafar @ Jerez and the day was stuff of dreams before I dropped it whilst out on my own and not concentrating. [emoji2359]

Get on a euro trip if you like tracking the RR. Nothing beats circuits in sunnier climes for 3-5 days at a time.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I?m in Merstham near Redhill/Reigate. Off to Brands on the 13th for an evening. Waiting list for Brands GP on the 20th. Plus got a few days booked after the summer plus Portimao in November which should be awesome.

Welcome to the forum buddy! Redhill has some good mountain bike around there:)

Who are you going to Portimao with?

Welcome ! May see you at Brands. There for the day if it's not tipping it down lol

I was on the reserve list for the evening session. Just got an email about places becoming free, but I suspect that's because of the forecast... I can't make it now anyway, but at least I have Cadwell a week on Monday (Bins's BMW Club Day). I know Amit is going, anyone else?

Welcome to the forum...fingers crossed you can see its potential on track soon. Have fun exploring the forum and get some pics up.

Marc

Back