Handle bar risers

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blitz

Reaction score
Hi all, I?m thinking about fitting more comfortable handle bars. Has anyone fitted the Gilles variobar adjustable clip-ons as I
see they come with a new brake banjo which for me means paying for them to be fitted or are the Helibars risers easier to fit and a lot better than standard bars
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@JamieMac has the Gilles Vario bars and is very happy with them.

I used Helibars in the past, but didn?t ultimately get on with them. Reason being is that they way in which they increased the height is by being completely flat. As the pull back is identical to stock, in order to avoid clearance issues, it meant that, for me, when hanging off or moving my upper body around when cornering I found the bar angle at the wrist overly acute which was uncomfortable.
On the plus side, they are plug-n-play and I found it easier to ride the bike at slow speed.

I love my Gilles. Very adjustable. I raised mine 80mm at the bar ends. Ride my bike all day pretty much. Good on track also.

IMG_5412.jpegIMG_5414.jpegIMG_5415.jpegIMG_5416.jpegIMG_5417.jpegI

i'm pleased with the gilles too, had them on a couple of years now and about 20,000 miles. nice rest for the wrists, not that the standard was bad.
you will need the banjo, but it's an easy bleed at the top as not much fluid comes out when you swap. spacers for the fairing help the clearance, not too difficult to fit if you take your time and think it through

Back