Alternator cover paint code (or replacement)?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pasmith73

Reaction score
I had an embarrassing mishap at the weekend - the classic case of the sidestand not being fully down. Wasn't moving and bike laid down as gently as possible.

The paint on the alternator case has been slightly chipped and I have a nasty suspicion that a replacement will be expensive. But if I could find the right paint code, a paint touch-up would be invisible.

Does anyone know the paint code for the bronze-coloured engines covers? Anyone done this before?

Thanks very much.

IDK the colour, but, how about covering it with a GB Racing cover? Will protect it from future spills then too.

Thanks very much everyone. I'll see if I can find somewhere to make me up a little quantity.

I'm struggling to find anyone that can find the paint formulation from the code. Has anyone else found a supplier that can mix this paint?

Paint Code

I just gave the paint code to a local vehicle accident repairer / paint sprayer and he did the rest. I had some spare engine case covers refurbished so the amounts needed were only small.

Hi everyone, I am in the US and I have a similar situation. I tried contacting all touch paint companies and no one is producing the paint with code provided above. I found a company in UK but they don?t ship to the US. ? is there any alternative? Thank you.

It might not help you in the US but as an update I bought the kit linked in a previous reply in this thread, and it was a very good colour match. I did find that I had to apply many light coats in order to get opacity but now the damage is invisible.

Back