New member and new s1000RR

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I got an ex demo S1000 M Sport a couple of weeks ago. The first outing was at Donington on Monday 14th. I was hot but a great day. The Metzeler K3 didn't like the heat. I wouldn't normally use warmers on a "road tyre" but is it recommended on these?
Steve.

I got an ex demo S1000 M Sport a couple of weeks ago. The first outing was at Donington on Monday 14th. I was hot but a great day. The Metzeler K3 didn't like the heat. I wouldn't normally use warmers on a "road tyre" but is it recommended on these?
Steve.

Probably not this weather

If you use warmers on road tyres, I would turn them down to 60 or less. That does mean you need adjustable warmers.
If you don't have anything other than "Slick" warmers then I would agree that you shouldn't use them.

Out of interest what do you mean by they didn't like the heat? Did you change the pressures? Did you use the Metzeler recommended pressures?

I?ll try and post some pictures tomorrow. The sides of the tyres are as expected. The centre has ?bubbled?. My description lol. Localised overheating. Pressures were set to the normal BMW 2.9b hot. Lowering them created problems with the RDC (even though warnings were disabled). That is probably worth another thread.
Steve.

Per page 72/73 of the manual it should have stopped with the giant yellow banner, but if it didn't you can clear it by flicking the jog wheel left after about 5 seconds (when the X turns blue).

TYRE PRESSURE CONTROL(RDC)
with tyre pressure control(RDC) OE
Switching specified-pressurewarning on or off
The system can be set toissue a specified-pressurewarning when tyre pressuredrops to the defined minimum.

Navigate to Settings,Vehicle settings, RDC.Switch Target pressurewarn. on or off.

Back