Damper oil leak

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

antonio_beqa

Reaction score
Hello today i saw oil leak from my 2018 RR , damper is stock , is it posible to repair it ? Or i have to buy another one ? Is it recomended to repair it ?

Sorry forgot its stearing damper , also one qurstion moto have a shakes a lot while riding it will be the problem of stearing damper becouse it does not working ? Or shake is another problem ? ( i mean damper is stoping shake and it cant stop becouse its damaged but anyway moto must not have shakes even without damper )

What should be the reason of shake ? It doing it while fast accelerating ,

And is it possible to repair my stearing damper or no ?

I doubt you can repair an o/e unit but I haven't looked at one that closely to establish that for sure... Good quality aftermarket dampers are rebuildeablr

It could be many things mate...your going to have to provide more information..

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Sorry forgot its stearing damper , also one qurstion moto have a shakes a lot while riding it will be the problem of stearing damper becouse it does not working ? Or shake is another problem ? ( i mean damper is stoping shake and it cant stop becouse its damaged but anyway moto must not have shakes even without damper )
If it?s shaking a lot under power, there?s the problem. The damper has probably given up trying to keep it all under control and failed. Find out what the real problem is first, then fix/replace the damper!
instability under acceleration could be many things from a badly squared off rear tyre, to damaged swingarm bearings, frame alignment, loose rear spindle, bad wheel alignment, the inspection list is quite extensive! But, I?d assume the damper has failed due to constant overwork, so find the problem first,fix that and then replace/repair the damper.

If it?s shaking a lot under power, there?s the problem. The damper has probably given up trying to keep it all under control and failed. Find out what the real problem is first, then fix/replace the damper!
instability under acceleration could be many things from a badly squared off rear tyre, to damaged swingarm bearings, frame alignment, loose rear spindle, bad wheel alignment, the inspection list is quite extensive! But, I?d assume the damper has failed due to constant overwork, so find the problem first,fix that and then replace/repair the damper.
If it?s not a problem when accelerating, and it shakes all the time, I?d check the front wheel is running true, a buckled wheel will give the steering a damper a massive workout!

Did you get a 3 year warranty or do the extended warranty. If so it?s covered under that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unfortunatly i dont have worronty , i solve shake issue with damper , i repaird my damper and bike does not had any problems of shake ,

I changed seals and oil ( motul 5w fork oil ) damper was not leaking 2 days , after that it again started leaking :(( how can i repair it ?

I don't think anyone services them.
Just buy a replacement, usually can find working ones at breakers yards/salvage or on an auction site.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Back