Sprockets

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
13.5 stone
brands indy & GP, snett, donny, cadwell as of next week, oulton in Aiug, and just done Mallory
inters

16/44 works ok at Oulton.

I weigh around 13 stone in my gear and the front was really improved with the 2D pot, lighter springs and a different air gap in the fork - I had the work done by MCT following recommendations on here. I'm usually mid pack fast group at Oulton and maybe a bit higher at Anglesey and the OE kit - after the front mods - was ok at that pace..........I'd say the rear shock is the weak point.

The pot & fitting kit will be circa ?500 if you have to buy new and the fork work cost me ?200. Following advice from an ex front running BSB Stock Thou rider who raced Gen 3, I ran mine with the forks flushed with the yokes (ie increasing the front ride height) and the rear eccentric in the upper position.(ie reducing the rear ride height)

cool, thanks for that.
At the moment I've decided to just replace chain and sprockets with standard sizing, but DID chain and JT sprockets, keep riding the bike (only done 2 track days thus far), and getting feel for it as standard. Save some cash, then buy the 2D thingie, new sprockets and get it set up. Probably go with HM down here as it;s only 20 mins away. Try 16/44 and the 520 chain they suggested

I weigh around 13 stone in my gear and the front was really improved with the 2D pot, lighter springs and a different air gap in the fork - I had the work done by MCT following recommendations on here. I'm usually mid pack fast group at Oulton and maybe a bit higher at Anglesey and the OE kit - after the front mods - was ok at that pace..........I'd say the rear shock is the weak point.

The pot & fitting kit will be circa ?500 if you have to buy new and the fork work cost me ?200. Following advice from an ex front running BSB Stock Thou rider who raced Gen 3, I ran mine with the forks flushed with the yokes (ie increasing the front ride height) and the rear eccentric in the upper position.(ie reducing the rear ride height)

when you say OE kit, are you just referring to the rear shock?
I'm assuming you run/ran 16/44? Did you have a different type/length chain as well?

when you say OE kit, are you just referring to the rear shock?
I'm assuming you run/ran 16/44? Did you have a different type/length chain as well?

Yes - when I said OE kit, it was the OE DDC set up I was referring to. I'm running the standard chain length with 16/44 gearing so the axle is towards the rear of the swing arm.

flat and long is the better option to go for,makes life easier to ride it,plus the bike works well like that

As others have mentioned flat and long is the way to go. Had mine adjusted a guy that does setup for some German endurance teams, and he made it flat+long. And 16/43 gearing. Seems like the safe choice for these bikes :)

As others have mentioned flat and long is the way to go. Had mine adjusted a guy that does setup for some German endurance teams, and he made it flat+long. And 16/43 gearing. Seems like the safe choice for these bikes :)
16-43 would work in 99% of cases. Especially good if you are doing Euros too.

Back